Team Lead: Service Desk Monitoring at MTN GlobalConnect
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MTN GlobalConnect
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The role will be responsible for providing operational monitoring support, managing a monitoring support desk team which monitors the GlobalConnect services for Roaming, Signaling, Messaging, IT, IP/MPLS areas as well as customers.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA’s)
- Provide monitoring for the GlobalConnect internal and external customers:
- Raising tickets and communicating with end users
- Analyse impact of incidents and provide feedback to affected users or business area
- Provide escalation support to the team to expedite the resolution on incidents
- Ability to find/explore workaround solutions for exceptions not covered in the initial configurations of the systems
- Incident tracking and major incident management
- Produce reports on support team performance around issues, correspondent status, aging & blocking factors
- Ensure teams customer service performance and communications is up to standards
- Support the monitoring deployment of new customer connectivity within project timelines.
- Required to, manage workloads, and prioritize work within the team as well as develop the service delivery organization within Kenya.
- Responsible for resource optimization across the organization.
- Oversee and Manage team performance and productivity
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum 3-year Academic Degree (Engineering/Computer Science/ Business)
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Strong IT background in Telco environment
- Good understanding of the telecommunication industry – especially wholesale carrier services is desirable
- Experience on a similar role
- Good knowledge of the OSS and BSS system architectures
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to identify key issues in a situation and to think creatively and strategically in facing internal and external challenges
- Ability to provide direction and leadership towards multiple business units with the organization
- Maturity to handle ambiguity and adaptive to dynamic environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Regional and international travel
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements of business and staff members
- Excellent Interpersonal and technical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29th Jan, 2023