Vice Principal at St. Teresa’s College of Education
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: St. Teresa’s College of Education
- Location: Ghana
- State: Hohoe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana - Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
St. Teresa’s College of Education is an all-female institution. It was established on 1st November, 1961 with 35 pioneer students drawn from all the then nine (9) regions of Ghana. The College was founded by His Lordship Rt. Rev. Anthony Konings of blessed memory who was the Bishop of then Keta Diocese. The College was elevated to the status of a College of Education by an Act of Parliament in 2012 (Act 847).
Qualification Required and Experience:
- applicant must be a distinguished Master Teacher and a Scholar in Teaching and Learning.
- applicant must at least, be at a rank of Principal Tutor in a College of Education System or not below the rank of Senior Lecturer in a recognised Tertiary Institution.
- applicant must have a researched Master’s Degree. A Doctoral Degree (ie PhD, Ed.D etc.) in a relevant area of specialisation will be an added advantage.
- applicant must have at least, five (5) years relevant experience in a Senior Management position with good knowledge and working experience in the Tertiary Education System in Ghana.
- applicant must have a good character with high degree of personal integrity.
The Vice Principal shall:
Assist the Principal in the overall management and administration of the College in accordance with the Colleges of Education Act 2012 (Act 847) and the Harmonised Statutes for Colleges of Education, Harmonised Scheme of Service for staff of the Colleges of Education and Harmonised Conditions of Service for Colleges of Education in Ghana as well as the internal policies, rules and regulations of the St. Teresa’s College of Education, Hohoe.
Terms of appointment:
- applicant must be able to complete at least, one term of three years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of 60 years.
- Terms and conditions of appointment shall be determined by the College Governing Council in line with provisions of the Harmonised Scheme of Service for staff of the Colleges of Education and Harmonised Conditions of Service for the Colleges of Education.
- Salaries are attractive and competitive with similar positions in Ghana.
- The appointment may be renewed for a maximum of another term of three (3) years
- Perform the functions assigned by the Principal of the College.
- Act as Principal in the absence of the Principal of the College.
- Perform any other legitimate roles and responsibilities assigned by the College Principal.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants for each of the positions must submit eight (8) copies of their application packages, including curriculum vitae (CV), a three page vision statement for the College, certificates and any other relevant documents to the address below in both hard and soft copies not later than 31st October, 2022.
ST. TERESA’S COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 129
HOHOE, VOLTA REGION
Soft copies must be forwarded to [email protected]
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.