Training and Development Specialist at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Mine, a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, is primarily an underground operation mine located in the Ashanti Region of Ghana which has been redeveloped to a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of the role is to design, plan and coordinate the implementation of approved training and development plans and programmes, as well as improving on the quality and effectiveness of approved training courses facilitated on site or externally, ensuring effective administration of learning by supervising the arrangement of facilities and courses. Provide specialist support to give effect to the coordination and alignment of training and development activities with the strategic intent of the overall training objectives of the HR Department.
- Design and implement approved Training and Development programmes to develop the workforce to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, LoM plan and strategy according to their role and level of authority
- Provide specialist support in the design and implementation of all Training and Development projects in line with Training & Development strategy within the HR Department and mine-wide.
- Create and upload courses unto CAR train and schedule employees to participate in required and appropriate training programmes.
- Design and roll out appropriate training programmes to address employee training and development needs relating to IDPs.
- Conduct a comprehensive training need analysis for employees in various functional areas.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Training and Development Department regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development.
- Develop the annual Training & Development budget and control budget expenditure to achieve the required targets for achieving annual and medium-term HR plans.
- Support the implementation of all environmental requirements for the HR Department and integrate this work into the Department’s budget.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (CAR HR, Mine Management Team, Departmental Team Members, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities).
- Provide specialist support to the Training & Development Sectional Lead to manage the Training and Development Team in the capacity building of the Team and in facilitating all training programmes.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in HR Management, Industrial Psychology or Social Sciences
- A professional certificate in Learning and Development. Example: CIPD, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP
Not less than 4 years’ experience in Training and Development role within the mining industry
- Human Resources Functional Knowledge with expertise in Training and Development with specific to Talent Management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint Applications
- Conversant with the Ghana Labour Laws
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and to make decisions in a manner consistent with established Company policy and Employment laws
- Ability to identify opportunities, diagnose problems and develop solutions
- Ability to inspire and motivate others, promoting Collaboration and Teamwork, Developing Others
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th April. 2022