Short Term Consultant – Operations Analyst at IFC – International Finance Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: IFC – International Finance Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group (WBG), is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries by financing investment, advisory services to businesses and governments and mobilizing capital in the international financial markets.
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new growth strategy (IFC 3.0) to stimulate more investment activity in priority countries and sectors. This strategy calls for generating our own opportunities by proactively working “upstream” to create, deepen, and expand markets and to imagine, design and implement investment projects. It requires a “developer mindset” to identify investment opportunities and develop and structure viable projects in difficult markets and imperfect regulatory environments. In other cases, it requires taking a systematic approach to resolving regulatory and sector bottlenecks through World Bank Group engagement and policy reforms.
To support IFC’s strategic growth initiative to further develop its pipeline in Ghana and manage ongoing investment and advisory projects, the IFC Ghana team is seeking a highly motivated and well-organized short-term consultant, based in Accra, Ghana. The consultant will support the IFC Senior Country Manager, Senior Country Officer and the extended country team in executing IFC’s strategy in Ghana.
B. Scope of Work
The consultant will have overall responsibility for providing effective operations support to the Ghana sub-regional office and will be based in Accra. The scope of work to be undertaken by the Consultant includes but is not limited to the under listed tasks.
Specifically, the consultant will:
- Support the country team with preparation of key strategic documents, program reports, power point presentations and briefings;
- Perform Integrity Due Diligence (IDD) searches and prepare reports. In addition, conduct industry/sector research on project related areas, and participate in field work when required;
- Organize and handle logistics of events related to the program including meetings, multi-stakeholder working group meetings, trainings and stakeholder consultative events etc.;
- Assist the country team with circulating documents to the relevant parties in advance, confirming attendance and taking records of the meetings;
- Contribute to portfolio management by liaising with relevant internal and external parties and flagging issues of relevance;
- Provide quality control by monitoring documents for accuracy, ensuring adherence to unit and World Bank Group guidelines and procedures, and assist with editing, formatting, and production of high-quality documents and correspondence;
- Liaise and build relationships within IFC and the World Bank Group, with counterparts in key client offices to facilitate the scheduling of meetings. Clients include private sector companies, ministries and agencies of Government.
- Solve non-routine problems and perform ad-hoc duties as required.
C. Schedule of Deliverables and reporting
The proposed consultancy is for 150 days starting immediately and ending June 2023. The consultant’s performance will be measured on an on-going basis judging by the quality, timeliness, and efficiency with which he or she deliver administrative and operational support to the team. The selected consultant will report to the Senior Country Officer based in Accra, Ghana, but will work closely with members of the assigned industry teams, in the Ghana sub-regional office.
D. Skills and Competencies required of the STC:
- Degree in Finance, economics, management, Business Administration, development or related field;
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in providing operational support to program teams in international institutions/companies and/or government;
- Excellent oral, written communications and editing skills; ability to effectively dialogue with and relate to clients and stakeholders;
- Excellent computer skills including ability to use Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and tasks, independently adjusting to priorities and achieving results with agreed objectives and deadlines;
- Maturity and good judgment; absolute integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal/external partners and promote collaboration in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Proven ability to work promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines with minimum supervision;
- Proactive and a high degree of resourcefulness, ability to anticipate and solve problems and take ownership of tasks;
- Fluency in English Language essential; fluency in French will be an advantage.