Senior Field Technology Services Specialist at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.About This Role
- Ensure the reliability and efficiency of regional data and voice networks and associated equipment, supporting operational technology hardware and data systems across mining sites (surface, underground, and processing).
- Provide support for two-way radio, fleet management wireless networks, and PLTE (Private Long-Term Evolution) systems.
- Foster and manage strong relationships with field engineers from service providers to facilitate on-demand services and support.
In This Role You Will Safety and Regulatory / Policy Compliance
- Adhere to Newmont Regional Occupational Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Support regulatory and corporate compliance initiatives as they pertain to information and content assets.
- Provide level 1 and 2 triage for incidents and provide resolution where appropriate escalate to the right group for level 3 and 4 support.
- Conduct problem analyses to reduce recurrence of major incidents in operations and adhere to operational level agreement defined for operational services.
- Track related IT issues, coordinates resolution and assist in driving issues to closure.
- Ensure that all changes to communication and infrastructure systems, whether directly performed or performed by the Outsource Service Provide adheres to Newmont standards and procedures, follow compliance processes, and are fully documented.
- Provide timely follow-through with service providers and technology team on service requests and tasks.
- Support OTIS (Operational Technology Infrastructure Systems), FMS (Fleet Management Systems), and PLTE (Private Long-Term Evolution) Infrastructure related incidents.
- Provide support for two-way radio programming request.
- Configure and activate additional services on two-way radio system, fleet management system, GPS Augmentation, LTE and OTIS.
- Facilitate and if required install and configure on board equipment requests (such as Jigsaw, MineStar, Pitram, Fatigue, Collision detection etc.).
Additional Responsbilities Asset Management
- Manage operational technology network and computing assets e.g., Jigsaw, MineStar, Pitram, Access Point, PLTE, etc).
- Ensure that site infrastructure documentation is accurate and maintained on a timely basis.
- Assist in the support of all aspects of Newmont-owned IT facilities as applicable to the region, which may include data center , comm rooms, video conferencing, access control, copy/print, HVAC/UPS, cabling and related services.
- Manage life cycle of the assets from procurement to retirement.
- Provide field supervision for all improvement projects.
- Provide technical support and coordination to service providers in relation to configuration management for communications and Network Infrastructure hardware.
- Provide field supervision for vendors during repairs and maintenance.
- Responsible for providing assistance and guidance for all aspects of the regional infrastructure and capacity planning.
- Collaborate with regional and corporate Infrastructure teams to define policies and is responsible for regional implementation and compliance for policies related to the Communication & Network infrastructure and operations.
- Responsible for infrastructure reliability and ensuring data integrity.
- Participate in IT budget planning and review.
Your Training, Skills & Experience ChecklistFormal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or the equivalent.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Certificate or higher is an added advantage.
- Strong Knowledge of LTE/LTE-A infrastructure and deployment.
- Ability to work independently or with a team of engineers to perform RF network optimization activities.
- Radio planning and optimization of LTE network to troubleshoot and improve KPIs.
- Understanding of ITIL Cross functional management process.
- Broad knowledge of all technology considerations (performance, scalability, maintainability, deployment, operations, technology infrastructure).
- Between 7 to 8 years’ work experience in support, service management, specification, design, development, and deployment of data networks and communication systems.
- Sound IT knowledge and understanding with deep skills in IT operations, customer relationship management and vendor relationship management.
- Proven ability to discuss communications, network architecture & infrastructure concepts and strategies in simple, clear terms to help drive and influence decision making of business and application owners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with vendors, subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers at all levels.
- Sound understanding of the objectives and functions of the company, business units and departments serviced by IT.
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale network design tailored for critical environments, hi-availability, low-latency, and performance.
- Exposure to mining specific network technologies, applications, and tools.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and administering Cisco Infrastructure and LTE/LTE-A technologies and services.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Advanced planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Sound assessment and incident management skills.
- Team player.
- The position is located at the Ahafo South Site.
- Travel to other local domestic sites is as required.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th October, 2023