Senior Admin and Procurement Coordinator at TechnoServe
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: TechnoServe
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
The Senior Admin and Procurement Coordinator will serve as the primary administrative and procurement officer of the Program. S/he will oversee the overall administration of the program and will be responsible for program administration including planning, managing, and implementing the procedures and processes for procurement of good, works and services. S/He will manage related activities in consultation with the respective Project Manager, the Country Director depending on the source of funding and in accordance with the provisions of TechnoServe’s Procurement Code, the procedures of TechnoServe’s Procurement Manual and the funding agencies’ procurement guidelines. It should be understood that the tasks outlined below are the key responsibilities, but the employee is expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the preparation and follow-up of procurement plan approvals for both Country Office operations
- Plan, develop and manage all procurement and contractual aspects of goods, works, consulting and other services for TechnoServe
- Prepare or review bidding documents and requests for proposals.
- Ensure/supervise the preparation and dissemination of tenders and manage/coordinate all aspects of the tender/proposal evaluation process in consultation with the Project Manager and Country Director depending on the source of funding
- Periodically update approved procurement plans
- Facilitate logistics arrangements such as travel and fleet management
- Perform administrative tasks as needed to ensure TechnoServe adheres to local legal and statutory requirements
- Support the preparation and submission of key procurement documents, including purchase requisitions, advance requests, expense reconciliations, and other documents, as necessary
- Assume responsibility for document filing and develop office administrative procedures
- Draft correspondence including reports, processes, and other administrative documents
- Facilitate payments to suppliers, based on approval and authorization by the Country Director and Program Manager
- Assist in scheduling and planning for events and conference calls.
- Perform administrative tasks to ensure TechnoServe adheres to local legal and statutory requirements, as required
- Support project event planning and logistics, as needed
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or 4 years relevant experience progressively responsible experience in the field of procurement
- Good knowledge of computer tools, including experience in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to convey information clearly and concisely
- Ability to coordinate interdepartmental efforts to achieve common goals in a timely manner
- Proven organizational skills with a genuine ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail
- Demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality
- Solutions oriented; Ability to identify and understand issues and triangulate information to draw conclusions and develop appropriate solutions.
- Willingness to travel to remote rural locations; field-based operations experience preferred
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th March. 2022