Security Superintendent – Underground at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Security Superintendent – Underground.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To assist the Senior Manager – Security in managing the Security team to ensure the maintenance of law and order and safeguarding (prevention/detection/protection) of the Company’s assets (life and property) in and around the Underground Mining Operations. This will be done in tandem with AGA global security standards and in line with Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR).
- Provide leadership, direction and mentor team for delivery of set targets.
- Provide supervisors with work-related information regarding individuals (positive and negative) within the team and any obstacles that may hinder performance.
- Regular interaction with staff to ensure they have a clear understanding of what is expected of them and update them on challenges and state of Obuasi Security requirements.
- Provide counselling to subordinates to model behaviours that are consistent with AGA values
- Plan, coordinate and control operations and manpower requirements for the Underground Security Team.
- Ensure that Underground Security structures are aligned according to Underground Operations in a cost-efficient way.
- Implement the various Security Compliance frameworks that will enable optimal protection to assets and people within the working environment.
- Implement and apply Legislation, Policies and Procedures to provide employees direction in the workplace and to enforce discipline when necessary.
- Control risks through ongoing evaluation of risk areas and potential threats as per performance assessment criteria.
- Implement crime management plans which mitigate risks of asset losses and ensure a safe working environment for employees.
- Ensure that physical security measures are implemented according to AGAG standards which mitigate possible risk to Obuasi Underground operations and minimize losses of assets especially GBM and explosives.
- Implement the VPSHR Toolkit to prevent human right violations and to ensure legal compliance.
- Implement training requirements as per job, succession plan specification which enhances performance and career development of subordinates as per training matrix.
- Participate in stakeholder engagements and influence decision making which may have an impact on Security policies.
- Assist the Senior Manager – Security to model and implement strategies that support the growth of mine operations, ensuring strategies are concretely linked to the organization’s overall strategy.
- Provide collateral support to various units within the department (foster team work)
- Engage relevant stakeholders to ensure transportation of materials (GBM, explosives and controlled chemicals) to and from underground conform with security standards.
- Contribute to annual budget process and demonstrate effective cost management.
- Audit security systems, practices and procedures and make recommendations to relevant HOD’s for implementation of security controls.
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe manner
- Ensure that the ‘working elements’ (inspections, audits, etc.) of the Safety Management System are complied with.
- Ensure prompt reporting of all injuries, illness, and safety incidents
- Ensure compliance to safety and environmental KPIs of the AGAG Obuasi.
- Promote Health and Safety at the workplace with a view of Zero Tolerance.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Tertiary qualification and or professional certification
- A minimum of eight (8) years of security related experience with at least five (5) years in a similar role in a mining industry.
- Knowledge of underground mining operations.
- Knowledge of Security standards and procedures relating to Underground Mining Operations.
- Demonstrable capacity to conduct Security threat and risk assessment relating to Underground Mining operations
- A good understanding of VPSHR
- Possess valid Ghanaian driver’s license and be able to drive
- Problem solving, lateral thinking & analytical skills
- Inspires & Motivate Others
- Displays high integrity & honesty
- Results oriented and self-motivated
- Team builder
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Stakeholder management
- Effective cost management
- Work diligently
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 4th May. 2022