Program Partner, Gender and Safeguarding at Mastercard Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION We are currently in an exciting period at the Mastercard Foundation as we intensify the implementation of the Young Africa Works strategy, aiming to empower 30 million young people throughout Africa to access dignified and fulfilling employment.To ensure the Foundation’s accessibility to our partners and program participants, we have established offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda. These offices provide strong in-country support for the implementation of Young Africa Works. We collaborate with governments, the private sector, educators, and other funders to enhance the quality of education and vocational training, equip young individuals with the necessary skills for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and facilitate connections between job seekers and meaningful employment opportunities.Our values serve as our guiding principles, transcending and surpassing all other considerations. We wholeheartedly encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work.If you are an experienced Program Partner, Gender and safeguarding professional looking to increase your impact, read on!THE OPPORTUNITY Reporting to the Lead, Gender and Safeguarding, the Program Partner, Gender, and Safeguarding will assist the country program team in developing gender and safeguarding responsive programs in line with the Foundation’s commitment to enable dignified and fulfilling work for young women and young people in general.WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Support the country’s gender mainstreaming efforts in collaboration with the Gender and Safeguarding Lead.
- Support the development and/or adaptation as well as the application of gender analysis tools to various programs and teams.
- Support in identifying, documenting, and mobilizing gender and safeguarding-related insights and learnings from the Foundation’s current and future portfolio of work in the country.
- Contribute to a learning culture within the Foundation that is reflective, people-focused, and rooted in gender-sensitive evidence.
- Provide support in diagnosing and contributing to expertise on gender and safeguarding enabling environment and policy to inform country partnership development and monitoring processes.
- Collaborate with Program Leads / Partners to review proposals, and support in developing strategic outcomes and program roadmaps.
- Contribute to the evolution and thinking of new gender approaches towards scale.
- Support and guide partners on the best ways to invest in and involve young women and men in program delivery.
- Provide support to the country team to ensure that cross cutting components of gender and all its intersections are mainstreamed across all components of programs. Support with coordinating the Gender and Safeguarding Community of Practice (CoP)
- Support in undertaking gender analysis, safeguarding capacity assessments and research among other programmatic interventions at the at country level.
- Provide strategic oversight and implementation guidance to
- CoP initiatives and events.
- Plan and onboard new partners to CoP and develop strategy for continuous engagement of partners who are without active programs with the Foundation.
- Support country level learning, research, and evaluation to ensure that they can stimulate relevant, rigorous, and respective approaches to deepening the Foundation’s approach to gender and safeguarding.
- Support the Gender and Safeguarding Lead in collaboration with internal Knowledge Management team to identify and document gender and safeguarding insights from the Foundation’s current and future portfolio of work.
- Contribute to a learning culture within the Foundation that is gender responsive, and people focused.
- Provide support in the adaptation and development of gender and safeguarding analysis tools to suit country context and provide technical support in applying them to various programs at the country level.
- Support in identifying and implement good practices in the areas of gender and safeguarding as well as facilitate the sharing of promising practices within and among programs teams.
- Support with initiating relationships with organizations working on gender and various segments of young people and safeguarding.
- Collaborate with the country Gender and Safeguarding Lead to identify and contribute to relevant learning networks and/or communities of practice and represent the Foundation at gender and safeguarding related events within the country and at other levels.
Who You Are
- Degree in a related discipline such as gender/women/youth studies, International Development, Community Engagement, Social Science, etc.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in gender, program management, safeguarding and or child protection, young people and community mobilization, coalition building, organizing events involving young women and men in the country with proven track record of integrating safe outcomes in programs and operations.
- Solid experience in progressive responsibility in the development and private sector with proven track record of integrating gender equality outcomes in programs and operations.
- Strong coordination skills and understanding of project management. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Excellent organizational & event planning skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Previous experience working in an organization working with and for women, young people, differently abled people, and other marginalized populations Fluency in local language(s) is an asset.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Proven excellence in verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures and to distill complex information and data into accessible conversation and written pieces.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is September 21, 2023.The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2nd October, 2023