Program Coordinator at United States Pharmacopeial Convention (USP)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Summary of the Position
The Program Coordinator for the Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+) Program is a non-supervisory position that contributes to PQM+’s successful implementation, by providing overall program management support to the PQM+ Director, West Africa and Program Manager, West Africa. The Program Coordinator will assist PQM+ senior program manager for west Africa to track and facilitate the progress of PQM+ program activities according to approved work plans to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient execution of USAID priority programs. In addition, the Program Coordinator will assist in drafting and synthesizing key program reports to ensure timely and high-quality reporting to USAID. As an essential team member, s/he will serve as a key interface between the Program/Regional Managers, the PQM+ Technical Team, and Global Public Health Program Delivery Team to enable effective and compliant implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assists the Program Managers in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, to include drafting implementation plans, identifying technical resource needs (staff and consultants), and facilitating progress of and contributing to PQM+ country-level activities to ensure timely execution of project deliverables as defined in annual work plans.
• Proactively anticipates, identifies, and facilitates resolution of potential project issues relating to delays in PQM+ activities/obligations, budget and timelines, by collaborating with the key stakeholders.
• Provides support in drafting/editing of program documentation, including assessments, surveys, reports (trip, quarterly, and annual reports), communications materials, briefing materials, and presentations for conferences, trainings, or workshops.
• Drafts procurement packages (consultants, sub-recipients, goods, and services) and ensures all procurement is in compliance with USAID rules and regulations and USP policies, consistent with budget allocation, and properly reflect PQM+/USAID interests. Works to coordinate the procurement process throughout the procurement cycle from request through to purchase.
• Assist in monitoring sub-recipient technical deliverables and budgets; reviews financial submissions and deliverable schedules, to include proactive follow-up with sub-recipient; tracks program budget and facilitates budget revisions for sub-recipients, as necessary.
• Assesses key program information and data for input into appropriate PQM+ M&E tools and facilitate consistent transfer of program results; serves as a focal point for implementation of new M&E platform.
• Coordinates and ensures that all travel, procurement, and deliverables trackers are up to date
• Ensures consistent document management to include proper filing, archival, and storage of program documentation and files according to USP and donor policies.
• Assists in organizing and facilitating regular meetings with the donor and tracking action items that arise during these meetings.
• Other program related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required and a minimum of 3 years’ experience with program management support and administration for global health programs or large-scale, international development assistance programs; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Demonstrates effective time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation and reporting skills
• Comfortable working with internal and external professionals
• Demonstrated ability to support implementation of multiple projects in a timely manner, including support to development and monitoring of budgets
• Advanced computer competence (MS Office programs, MS Project or similar)
• Prior USAID experience in global health programming and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred
• Awareness of the role of pharmaceutical management in Global Health is beneficial
• Proficiency in French is essential
• Ability to travel as needed
USP provides you with the benefits you need to protect yourself and your family today and tomorrow. From company-paid time off, comprehensive healthcare options to retirement savings, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial wellbeing are protected.
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) USP is an independent scientific organization that collaborates with the world’s top experts in health and science to develop quality standards for medicines, dietary supplements, and food ingredients. USP brings together more than 1,100 talented professionals across five global locations to deliver its mission to strengthen the supply of safe quality medicines and supplements worldwide. USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th March. 2022