Plant Metallurgist at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- Are you able to provide technical support for the Akyem operation?
- Are you able to optimize metallurgical performance of the process plant according to budget Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) by working in a safe and efficient manner in close liaison with the production department tasked to monitor current performance, identify opportunities for improvement and work towards implementing solutions that will return a positive cash flow to the business?
In This Role You Will
Safety and Environment
- Comply with all Newmont Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Comply with all HSLP, Environment and Social Responsibility requirements under Newmont’s Integrated Management System, Newmont vision and values.
- Conduct and complete incident/accident investigations and take corrective action to prevent injury and/or reoccurrence.
- Raise, discuss and resolve safety, environmental and Social Responsibility issues at regular meetings.
- Identify potential hazards and take appropriate action.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of programs, conduct routine metallurgically focused condition monitoring inspections with regards to mill liners, screen panels and cyclone wear parts.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of programs to optimize reagent usage, steel grinding media, consumables, screen panels and cyclone wear parts. This will also entail the coordination of groups such as process operations, process maintenance and supply chain.
- Responsible for the Planning of Mill Relines based on wear rates and the timely availability of critical wear components.
- Responsible for the conduct of ad hoc test work, to support metallurgical projects, plant process optimization activities and for troubleshooting purposes.
- Responsible for the completion and distribution of required reports on time.
- Apply initiative and problem-solving abilities. Apply knowledge to improve on current practices.
- Responsible for the implementation, development and maintenance of metallurgical systems
- PI historian
- OCS Mill Expert System (Maintain and implement new control strategies as required. Identify program shortcoming and improve).
- Develop and implement Standard operating Procedures for Metallurgical department.
- Ensure compliance with established procedures and quality assurance methods.
- Perform audits on metallurgical practices, correct and implement permanent solutions.
- Assist Senior Metallurgist in maintaining and developing of metallurgical accounting practices.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance and process plans to maximize efficiency and cost effectiveness of production.
- Accountable for completion of all tasks identified in the Processing MOS Elements to the specified quality and timeliness as assigned to this role.
- Assist with the development of metallurgical functional work plans.
- Execute tasks on the functional work plans within schedule.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly process reports.
- Establish and advise operating parameters to mill production personnel.
- Mentor/Coach Metallurgists and Metallurgist Trainees in metallurgical systems and processes.
- Provide input to the Business Planning process, including reagent consumptions and wear rates of mill liners, screens panels and cyclone wear parts and consumables.
- Execute and control development projects and initiate corrective action to deliver projects on time and cost by ensuring project compliance and quality are achieved while identifying improvement opportunities.
- Keep current with mineral processing technology and the practical experiences of other operations.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A bachelor’s degree /diploma in Extractive Metallurgy or similar.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years’ working experience in metalliferous mining.
- Sound technical skills in metallurgical practices.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel/Word/Projects.
- High level of communication skills – verbal and written.
- Results driven.
- Attention to details.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Position is located at the Akyem mine.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th October, 2022