Paste Plant Control Room Supervisor at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Paste Plant Control Room Supervisor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Paste Plant Control Room Supervisor has the operational accountability of the technology centre including its safe use. The paste plant has separate control station from the other ones and therefore requires a skilled person to supervise its use. Accountabilities’ including monitoring of SCADA screens, underground paste reticulation system, feed forward and feedback between field team and the control room, monitoring CCTV, dealing with anything that looks out of place, ensuring effective radio communications among stakeholders, tracking all field equipment for their status at any giving point in time, trending historical data and taking the needed decision as required.
The control room also serves as the central communication point where inter and intra departmental issues are channelled including that of Health, Safety, Environmental and Security. This role therefore requires absolute attentiveness and focus whiles on duty as the slightest lost of concentration could lead to a bigger problem. The incumbent will be required to perform any other duty as directed by Paste Plant Superintendent.
- Actively promote and partake in all Health, Safety and Environmental programs as set out by AGAG Obuasi.
- Serve as the coordinator for all paste plant emergencies including safety, health, environment, and security as all such communications are directed at the control room for dissemination.
- Accountable for his or her own safety and the safety of all employees on the mine including his direct reports and contractors.
- Report all safety, health, and environmental incidents, near misses or hazards including property damages.
- Participate in investigations involving unsafe situation, non-conformances, hazards, near misses, accidents and incident, including property damage and report to the appropriate authorities.
- Comply with all AGAG-Obuasi security protocols especially that governing the process plant and ensure strict adherence of same by his or direct reports.
- Accountable for team’s environmental obligations and performances.
- Attend all scheduled and assigned environmental training meetings.
- Assist in developing and periodic review of SOPs related to his or her area of accountability.
- Socialize SOPs and other operational document related to his/her area of responsibility to his direct reports.
- Research into best practices and be updated with new and improved approach to operating goldroom and gravity circuit.
- Capture all training events on learning management systems.
- Assist in implementing the training framework across Business partners such as suppliers and services providers.
- Oversee control desk consisting of five HMI computer screens and three CCTV screens.
- Shall be the custodian of all control room related activities, including all the gadgets.
- Adhere to plant operational procedures for production goal achievement and handle work safely.
- Input operational system status with applicable control system tools.
- Function as plant operation to calibrate and troubleshoot automation, power and building interface systems.
- Gain awareness of system operating requirements and trends and suggest operating adjustment suggestions.
- Manage electrical and mechanical equipment and facilities with the competency of a plant operator.
- Direct Senior Operator and Fuel Handler Assistant for effecting changes in plant conditions.
- Deal with anything that looks out of place as picked up on SCADA or CCTV
- Reply to production floor requests and machine stoppage alerts and give fore warning on creeping issues to the field team.
- Oversee productions and process key metrics for operating plant machinery within parameters.
- Assess machine logs and historical trends and data to support Process Engineer to troubleshoot and metallurgical accounting reports.
- Handle equipment maintenance and tagout as per standard operating procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, completeness and administrative requirements accuracy.
- Submit internal Work Orders for equipment failures.
- Receive and reply to calls on organizations and agencies
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc / Diploma in Metallurgical, Chemical, or Materials and Mechanical Engineering with 2 years process plant experience.
- Qualification from A-level with 5 years process plant control room operation experience could be considered.
- Basic First Aid Certification will be a plus
- Minimum of two years working experience with cyanide sparging/mixing and storage facility
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a recognized process plant as a control room operator.
- Mobile equipment operating experience will be a plus.
- Experience with backfilling or hydrafill operations.
- Knowledge/experience with process plant reagents
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to understand and appreciate the hazards associated with process plant reagent and gold room activities.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated/driven to achieve targets and improve the status quo.
- Good leadership skills and must carry along his team to achieve target.
- Good conflict resolution skills
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27 August. 2021