National Project Officer Employment Policy at International Labour Organization
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: International Labour Organization
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for National Officer positions is subject to specific local recruitment and eligibility criteria.
The ILO values diversity among its staff and welcomes applications from qualified female candidates. We also encourage applicants with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to [email protected].
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade. The entry level salary for this position is xxxxxxx (currency) yearly.
The ILO, SECO and NORAD are launching the new global programme Productivity Ecosystems for Decent Work. The Programme has global coordinating component managed by the ILO headquarters in Geneva and country project components in Ghana, South Africa and Viet Nam, and will to December 2025. The programme aims to address the root causes of low productivity and employment outcomes by strengthening and establishing sustainable virtuous cycles between productivity, employment and good working conditions. The programme emphasizes the importance of understanding and addressing productivity in an integrated manner across the enterprise level, the sector level and the policy level. It is based on the principles of systems thinking and the development of evidence-based interventions as well as by facilitating change through incentives and capabilities development of key actors.
The position will support the Programme Manager of the Ghana component and team members of the project in the implementation of the projects’ outcomes and activities related to employment policy and productive employment. This will include providing technical advisory services to implementing partners and to beneficiaries within the policy and procedural requirements established by the ILO and the global programme, promoting ILO policies and standards for productive employment, and supporting the implementation of project interventions that focus on promoting productive employment and decent work.
The position is located in Accra, Ghana and reports to the Programme Manager of the project under the overall responsibility of the Director of CO-Abuja. S/he will be technically supported by the specialists for employment policy and for sustainable enterprises as well as by other Decent Work Team (DWT) specialists when required. S/he will also receive technical advice and support from the EMPLOYMENT Department at ILO Headquarters as well as the Global Productivity Ecosystems project team, also located at ILO Headquarters.
The incumbent is expected to collaborate closely with other related projects and other staff in the ILO Ghana Country Office with support and collaboration of the Programme and Operations Units (PU/OU).
Description of Duties
The main duties of the position comprise:
1. Engage and consult with constituents, project partners and external partners including UN agencies, as well as ILO technical units and DWT backstopping specialists in the preparation of project activities, ensure the timely delivery of activities and outputs by implementing partners and raise any areas of concern regarding progress with the Programme Manager and backstopping specialists;
2. Coordinate the development and review of statistical data, employment policy documents and associated outputs. Review reports and ensure technical quality, and present findings in national dialogue events with Constituents and other stakeholders;
3. Coordinate and – where feasible – provide technical advisory services to implementing partners, constituents and beneficiaries of the project on employment policy, especially the design, adoption and implementation of the National Employment Policy, as well as other relevant economic policies;
4. Establish effective partnerships and coordination with the ILO Constituents, bilateral and multilateral donors, NGOs, private sector organisation as well as sister UN Agencies in support of building a support environment for achieving productive employment;
5. Perform, coordinate and report on the project administrative and financial work. This includes making cost estimates and budgets, preparing and checking supporting/justification documents, requesting funds and payments. Seek the most rational use of funds and ensure compliance with established ILO rules and procedures;
6. Under the DWCP framework, closely collaborate with the Programming Unit and other development cooperation projects to formulate, deliver, monitor and report outputs and activities of the project;
7. Under the direction of the Programme Manager Undertake missions to project locations to monitor and report on project implementation, identify issues and propose corrective actions to the Programme Manager and to the backstopping technical specialists;
8. Organize and support the delivery of seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings in line with project activities;
9. Brief ILO specialists, experts and visiting officials and provide relevant information on Project matters and support additional resource mobilization efforts with the backstopping technical specialists;
10. Develop project information and communication materials and knowledge products in collaboration with the Communication Officers in the ILO Ghana Office and ILO Headquarters in Geneva. Liaise with ILO constituents and partners for effective dissemination of project results to enhance project visibility;
11. Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the Programme Manager or backstopping specialists.
First level University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in economics, social sciences or business management, ideally with some specialization in labour market issues.
Three years professional work experience at the national level related to employment policy and/or employment creation programmes
Understanding of the ILO, the United Nations system, and experience in working with officials of government ministries, employers’ and workers’ organizations is an advantage.
Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- • Knowledge of programme and budget, project administration and evaluation, concepts and procedures
• Knowledge of office-wide activities and objectives
• Ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyze problems with implementation
• Good drafting skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Ability to clarify information
• Good computer applications skills
• Organizational skills
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
• Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 9th Feb. 2022