Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist role is to lead development and execution of performance and impact measurement of the mine’s socio-economic contribution in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs); Environment, Economic, Social, and Governance (EESG) criteria, National and Local Development Plans and other relevant frameworks with the objective of ensuring that host communities are resilient and self-sustaining and consequently the social license of the mine is sustainably secured.
- Conduct risks assessment for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time
- Act on all corrective actions assigned and ensure timely completion.
- Conduct formal meetings with team and report any weakness in the environmental procedures
- Investigate all environmental incidents in assigned work areas and prepare reports with recommendations for the Departmental Manager for onward submission to the Environmental Manager or his representative
- Develop and implement Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) systems across the value chain of the mine’s operation in the line with the ESG criteria and SDGs
- Coordinate formulation of Community Investment Projects/Programmes and/repackaging of interventions into projects/programmes to ensure impact measurement and reporting
- Ensure compliance of Community Investment programmes/projects with relevant legal, regulations, industry standards and organizational policies
- Develop and implement plans for programmes/project baselines and evaluations
- Carry out analysis of M&E data and prepare standard reports to communicate impact
- Oversee the knowledge management process for community investment programmes and projects
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Data Science, Social Science, or Monitoring and Evaluation or related field
- 5 years’ experience in similar line of work
- Hands on experience in formulation and implementation of development programmes/projects
- Hands on experience in design and implementation of M&E systems
- Experience in participatory methodologies and their application
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods
- Hands on experience in standard report writing and presentation
- Knowledge of SDGs and EESG and their application in programme development
- A good experience and knowledge of the mining value chain and the social performance requirements
- Knowledge of internationally applicable standards relevant to sustainable development (ICMM, IFC, ESG and SDG on Social Performance, VPSHR, GEITI etc.)
- A good knowledge of shared value-driven community investment
- Knowledge of the development planning process of the MMDAs
- Ability to work in a team
- Programme/project design and management skills
- Participatory Methodologies and their application
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skills and use of relevant software (SAS, SPSS, etc).
- Strong qualitative research skills
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with AGA values
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and motivating skills
- High energy, commitment, and enthusiasm for the work
- Well-developed intra- company network
- Well-developed industry network
- Ability to work in a team
- Management practice and systems thinking approach to problem solving.
- A strong negotiations skill
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th Jan, 2023