Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Director at JSI Research & Training Institute
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: JSI Research & Training Institute
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
World Education, a division of JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI/WE) is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Director for the USAID Ghana Youth Activity, a program aimed at improving the socioeconomic status of youth in northern Ghana through youth-led and youth-serving organizations. The program will focus on generating cross-sectoral engagement and positive youth development outcomes, allowing youth to make better life decisions and influence policy.
• The Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Director’s primary responsibilities are to provide oversight for a program’s planning, evaluation, knowledge management and monitoring, and operation of the project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system at the central level.
• The MEL Director reviews and consolidates data from all the sites where the program is being implemented; elaborates reports to the donor; and develops and harmonizes systems and data tools.
• S/He will ensure that performance monitoring, action research, and evaluations are consistent with program results and track activity progress towards achieving targets and results.
• S/He will also manage and coordinate field-based monitoring and evaluation managers, and any other staff responsible for performance monitoring, oversight, and data collection and reporting.
• Finally, s/he will ensure access, retention, reading and learning outcomes, school safety, community engagement, gender, and disability-inclusion measures are being consistently and systematically tracked and reported.
• Develop data collection tools and protocols;
• Design an advanced data management system, with support from the project data manager;
• Conduct ongoing quantitative/qualitative data analysis at different points in the program leading to specific program/contract deliverables;
• Conduct field visits, as needed, to design performance monitoring/management plans alongside project technical teams;
• Oversee technical assistance and training to regional- and district-level stakeholders to support increased use of education data for decision-making;
• Oversee the coordination of policy research studies.
• Regularly review work plans to ensure timely delivery of USAID M&E-related deliverables;
• Develop annual plans as it relates to the M&E component and well as budgets for relevant activities;
• Supervise and help build capacity of regional-level M&E project staff to carry out activities;
• Ensure regular reporting of M&E activities to all relevant stakeholders (including the Ghanaian Ministry of Education) and contribute to quarterly, annual, and project reporting for USAID;
• Collaborate with the technical team to monitor program progress in terms of USAID compliance requirement of results and indicators;
• Work closely with technical staff and with institutional partners to explain M&E processes and to understand how those processes relate to the technical work of the project, and provide M&E related training as needed;
• Manage M&E informational resources and ensure M&E information and resources are current, available for staff, and widely disseminated;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Education, ICT Management, statistics, epidemiology, or related field required. Master’s degree or equivalent preferred;
• Must have technical expertise and 5 to 8 years experience specifically developing and managing M&E of youth development programs to attain program objectives, particularly improved outcomes in education, health, employment, and/or civic engagement;
• Must have demonstrated experience developing, assessing and evaluating baseline studies, logical frameworks, performance monitoring plans, and performance and impact evaluations related to increased youth employment opportunities, civic engagement and/or improved education and health outcomes;
• Must have knowledge of a range of approaches to performance monitoring, impact evaluation, and research in areas including design, instrument development, sampling design, data collection, data analysis and dissemination;
• Ability to utilize a wide range of software applications, including database applications;
• Significant expertise providing technical assistance to project/host country government staff working on MEL activities;
• Excellent interpersonal and team work skills. Effective oral and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to make formal/informal presentations and compose professional, analytic reports;
• Prior experience supporting Ghanaian youth development is desirable but not required, preferably including experience coordinating with national and sub- national level stakeholders.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Method of ApplicationQualified persons are required to send their cover letter and resume (CV) marked "Positive Youth Development Technical Advisor" to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 03 November, 2023
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply