Manager, Service Desk at MTN Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MTN Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• To Supervise and Coordinate Fibre deployment, fibre Relocation, Terminal Equipment Optimization and Adhoc Projects according to MTN Specifications, Quality standards, PPP and CPM Tool Kits
• Provide monitoring for the GlobalConnect internal and external customers:
• Raising tickets and communicating with end users
• Analyse impact of incidents and provide feedback to affected users or business area
• Provide escalation support to the team to expedite the resolution on incidents
• Ability to find/explore workaround solutions for exceptions not covered in the initial configurations of the systems
• Incident tracking and major incident management
• Produce monthly SLA reports on support issues, correspondent status, aging & blocking factors
• Ensure customer service performance and communications is up to standards
• Support the monitoring deployment of new customer connectivity within project timelines
• Required to, manage workloads, and prioritize work across the team as well as develop the service delivery organization within Kenya.
• Responsible for resource optimization across the organization.
• Oversee and Manage team performance and productivity
• Definition of Monitoring strategies, plans, policies, projects and service levels.
• Spearhead cross-functional engagements for service delivery improvement.
MTN is entering a new phase in its lifecycle where operational and commercial excellence has become critical for success. This function must therefore ensure successful delivery in the context of:
• MTN positioning as the best connectivity provider in Africa and the Middle East
• Drive commercial excellence and support all internal and external sales
• Operating within a highly inter-connected international telecommunications community
• MTN’s decision to centralise the wholesaling of global and local infrastructure assets
• The geographic complexity of MTN’s footprint across Africa and the Middle East
• Enhancing MTN’s position as a leading network and system provider
• Constant dynamics and local challenges in economic, regulatory and legal environments
• Aggregate and balance connectivity requirements across multiple diverse operating units
• Varied physical transport and delivery systems (satellite, submarine cable, signaling gateways, switching platforms, IP routers)
• Successful planning and deployment subject to multiple regulatory regimes across diverse jurisdictions and cultures
• Ensuring systems stability & performance is up to standards
• Responsibility to keep track of global technology advancements and stay abreast of standardization work of relevant industry bodies
• Achievement of operating efficiency and effectiveness through scale and common processes
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum 4-year Academic Degree (Engineering/Computer Science/ Business)
• Fluent in English and language of country preferable
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience
• Strong IT background in Telco environment
• Good understanding of the telecommunication industry – especially wholesale carrier services is desirable
• Experience on a similar role
• Good knowledge of the OSS and BSS system architectures
• Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to identify key issues in a situation and to think creatively and strategically in facing internal and external challenges
• Ability to provide direction and leadership towards multiple business units with the organization
• Maturity to handle ambiguity and adaptive to dynamic environment
• Strong technical and analytical skills
Physical Skills/ Competencies:
• Regional and international travel
• Ability to adapt to changing requirements of business and staff members
• Excellent Interpersonal and technical skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the title of the role as the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 29 April, 2022