Land Management Officer at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To work with the Sustainability and External Relations Land Access team by providing support to the Land Management Coordinator regarding property surveys, assessments and the provision of technical advice relating to Cultural Heritage, and key Community stakeholders in Project, Mining and Exploration areas.
In This Role You WIll
Land Access Data Coordination
- Support the coordination of consultants in the collection of baseline data (Rapid Asset Survey, Full Built Asset Survey (FBAS), Crop Surveys and Crop Assessments) and socioeconomic data to facilitate land access and resettlement.
- Assist and monitor all land access field activities to ensure compliance with NGGL Land Acquisition and Involuntary Resettlement Standard and country legislations.
- Facilitate the gathering of data for land access related activities, for the purpose of developing SOP’s, conducting Crop – Assessments and Property Rates valuation.
- Assist in the management of the Resettlement Negotiation Committee (RNC) and Crop Rate Negotiation Committee (CRNC) engagement.
Land Access and Resettlement Support
- Support the management and coordination of acquired land for Newmont in a responsible manner including speculative activities.
- Support the monitoring of resettlement entitlement processing, sign-offs and construction.
- Supervise the physical movement and re-establishment of livelihoods and resettlement households.
- Support the negotiation of satisfactory compensation rates of impacted properties during land acquisition activities.
Land Access Compliance Adherence
- Ensure that all land management activities are conducted in line with Newmont policies, standard operating procedures, and relevant local Ghanaian laws and governmental regulations.
- Follow management of acquired lands according to regulations enshrined in the Ghana Mining Regulations.
- Provide cultural heritage and customary rites advice in Project/Exploration areas.
- Provide professional-level assistance and advice in dealing with traditional authorities, District Assemblies, communities and other interest groups involved in NGGL Land Access projects.
- Foster effective relationships with host communities.
- Sensitise current land owners to compensation structures and how these relate to Mining Laws, policies and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure that NGGL Consultants and Contractors conducting clearing of acquired land activities, strictly work within NGGL acquired boundaries.
- Facilitate asset verification and validation exercises during land access projects.
- Supervise the work of the community escort team during the construction phase of various undertaken projects.
- Advise, monitor and assist the movement of community people within resettlement construction areas and other land access related project areas.
- Provide feedback and report on all Land Access related field complaints, grievances and other dispute resolution processes
- Monitor and provide report feedback on the Contractors’ relationship with the communities, including adherence to NGGL land access processes and procedures, as well as safety.
- Monitor and provide report feedback on weekly developments within the Ahafo South Take Areas.
- Contribution to the Zero Harm goal of Ahafo South with focus on quality Safety Interactions, Inspections, Audits, Risk Assessments & Impact Mitigation and Control Systems.
Your Training, Skills And Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- First Degree in Geography, Land Economy, Natural Resource Management, Social Science or a related discipline
- Knowledge of local community customs and traditions
- Working knowledge of the Minerals and Mining Act 2006 (Act 703) and all enactments relating to Ghana Stool Lands, where applicable to NGGL advantageous.
- inimum of at least 3 years’ in a similar role, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Land Access-related activities – specifically Stakeholder Engagement, Community Education and Public Participation
- Strong interpersonal skills (interacting with diverse functional and cultural backgrounds)
- Strong ability to translate technical language into local dialect
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong planning, prioritizing and coordination skills.
- Sound analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Sound reporting skills.
- Sound consultation skills
- Sound computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Act professional and show respect.
- Assertive and influential.
- Customer focused.
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Always maintain confidentiality.
- Reliable and independent.
- Safety conscious.
- Show initiative, be results driven and proactive.
- Incumbent works with farmers and Structure Owners whose properties are impacted by mining activities.
- The position is located in the Ahafo South mine site.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Jan, 2024