Laboratory Assistant at Ghana FELTP
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Ghana FELTP
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Ghana FELTP serves as the hub for training Advanced level field epidemiologists in Anglophone West African Countries (with the exception of Nigeria) with its residents and alumni involved in preparedness and response phases of the COVID-19 pandemic in the various countries (Ghana, Guinea Bissau, The Gambia, Liberia and Sierra Leone). Using the one health approach, the GFELTP program also trains regional and district level staff of the Ghana Health Service, Veterinary Services Division, Food and Drugs Authority and the Environmental Health Services Division at the FETP-Intermediate and FETP-Frontline levels respectively.
As the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, residents, alumni and faculty of the GFELTP were mobilized and embedded in the national response structures to support development of SOPs and tools, trainings, POE screening of travellers, contact tracing, case management, field supervision, community sensitization, resource mobilization, enhanced surveillance activities and laboratory testing as well as facility management.
GFELTP is seeking to recruit highly qualified & experienced personnel to support COVID-19 surveillance activities of the Program under the position of Laboratory Assistant.
- Mainly support ILI and COVID-19 Surveillance
- Prepare laboratory equipment for upcoming research experiments
- Clean and maintain lab equipment
- Prepare samples for testing using various laboratory equipment
- Running test
- Conduct laboratory tests, analyse results, and document your findings
- Maintain all laboratory records
- Report results and compile information into graphs and documents
- Participate in all training sessions and general meetings
- Performing any other tasks as directed by the Co-Principal Investigators
- Medical Laboratory technologist or laboratory scientist with a master’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Public Health or Epidemiology
- Bachelor’s degree in any science-related field. Human Medicine, Nursing, Public/environmental Health, laboratory Science, Pharmacy, and Veterinary Medicine.
- Three years experience in implementing quality assurance and quality control activities
- Experience in implanting laboratory-based research activities
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and analytical skills
- Takes initiative and able to work without supervision in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards
- High level of integrity and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel for generating and analyzing reports
Competitive based on qualification and experience
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th Sept. 2021