Human Resource Officer at Transforming Teaching
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Transforming Teaching
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• The Human Resource Officer will be responsible for developing, leading, contributing to, implementing and advising on various initiatives that align with T-TEL’s organizational culture and values.
• The incumbent will serve as the subject matter expert for managing the functional areas in human resources which include but not limited to Recruitments, Compensation and Benefits Management, Learning and Development, Performance
Management and Employee Engagements.
• Further, s/he will provide guidance and counselling to staff if necessary while ensuring the growth, development and well-being of team members.
• Provide guidance to line managers/supervisors on crafting job descriptions for employees and scope of work for consultants.
• Collaborate with line managers and supervisors on the recruitment of vacancies and new roles that will arise within the organization.
• Support the General Manager-Commercial on the recruitment of consultants for the programmes managed by T-TEL.
• Manage new joiners orientation and on-boarding process, through to confirmation.
• Manage the off-boarding process in case of employee separation while ensuring positive experiences for the employee.
• Use understanding and knowledge of local and applicable international labour laws and regulations to ensure T-TEL is always in compliance with legal requirements
• Support General Manager-Commercial in the management of bi-annual staff performance review process.
• Monitor the performance management process to ensure an effective process which will ensure staff growth and development.
• Collaborate with line managers/supervisors to implement performance management plans set by the organization.
• Develop a succession planning system for the organization
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Lead in the development of annual training plan and support its implementation.
• Manage the organization’s Employee voucher scheme to support effective learning and development.
• Provide continuous feedback to Senior Management Team on the progress of the Employee Voucher Scheme to ensure its implementation support organizational goals and values.
• Initiate innovative approaches to Talent Management and Learning & Development within the organization.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS MANAGEMENT
• Develop competency and leveling framework.
• Manage and periodically update the organization’s salary grading system.
• Conduct bi-annual salary benchmarking surveys to inform decision making.
• Review periodically benefits and compensation package.
• Review and manage monthly timesheets submission for staff to inform payroll.
• Review and manage monthly invoice and timesheets submission for consultants.
• Manage and track all forms of staff absences including annual leave, family responsibility leave, sick leave etc.
• Manage T-TEL’s employee wellness and other human resources related programmes
• Manage Annual Staff and Key Advisors satisfaction surveys, analyze feedback to identify areas for improvements and develop action plans.
• Lead in the Formation of Welfare Association for staff
• Lead in the organization of staff durbars
• Provide coaching and guidance to line managers/supervisors on employee relations issues, including performance management, disciplinary actions, and conflict resolution.
• Collaborate with the Annual Planning committee.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by General Manager-Commercial.
• Conduct periodic review of Human Resource manual and recommend modern industry best practices in HR for management consideration.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in human resource management. Having a professional certification is a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in human resource management or administration.
• Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
• Experience working on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to plan, organize, multi-task and prioritize projects.
• Ability to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Excellent relationship-building skills.
• Reliable and a team player.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Pro-active in raising issues with management and resolving identified problems.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications are to be submitted electronically to:
Closing Date: 31 May, 2023
Applicants should state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter.