Ghana Country Director at UpEnergy
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: UpEnergy
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
UpEnergy delivers high-impact, emission reducing projects that accelerate decarbonization and catalyze long-term benefits. We do so by providing life-improving clean technologies to local communities and environments across Africa. Whether it’s protecting the local environment, delivering health benefits, or reducing poverty through financial savings and employment, our project sustainably benefit and enable people to live better lives within climate resilient communities.
To date, UpEnergy has delivered over 95 emission reduction projects, impacted over 4 million lives, and reduced over 3 million tons of CO2 Emissions across 7 countries. UpEnergy prides itself on deep local knowledge and established teams on the ground to ensure the highest impact and results. The UpEnergy team continues to grow, across multiple African countries, from 20 to over 170+ full time team members in the past two years, reflecting the growth of the company for which we now seek incredible, like-minded talent who are excited to join us in delivering even more impact. Learn more here: www.upenergygroup.com
About the role:
UpEnergy is at a time of exciting growth, expanding both in terms of product and geographic portfolio. We seek a Country Director in Ghana to lead the team and manage our on-the-ground operations. Taking the lead in developing new business lines and carbon emission reduction partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to drive organizational growth at a profitable social enterprise with the required capital for growth.
The Country Director will also be responsible for initiating, growing and improving UpEnergy’s distribution operations, supply chain, and marketing. The role will require an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to find, assess, and test new models and products to serve low-income customers in Africa. In addition to the ability to capture new opportunities, the Country Director will have demonstrated an ability to lead the execution of projects that require strong systems, foresight, and quality control to achieve success.
The successful candidate does not necessarily need to have led an organization previously but will have strong leadership experience with teams in emerging market economies. The role will also require thoughtful team building, ownership of the profit and loss statement and financial controls, development of new teams including a product management team, the ability to inspire learning and experimentation across the organization, and keen skills overseeing complex projects and operations in which getting technical details right is of high importance.
Management and Leadership
- Define and implement an organizational culture that values customer experience, operational excellence, and innovation and experimentation.
- Oversee performance management, mentorship, leadership development, and the implementation of strong organizational controls.
- Define organizational structure to best achieve existing goals and new growth opportunities. o Attract and retain high-performing team members.
- Work with UpEnergy leadership to evolve UpEnergy’s strategy as we seek to exceed the expectations of current customers and develop new projects.
- Develop new strategic relationships with product manufacturers, governments, NGOs, and carbon credit off-takers and intermediaries.
Product and Commercial
- Develop channels to expand our commercial reach of UpEnergy’s product line.
- Build a data capture system and analysis to improve business performance and decisions.
- Lead development of new high-value products and services for UpEnergy customers.
- Own all aspects of UpEnergy’s execution of complex sales operations, data gathering and monitoring, carbon audits, and carbon offset generation.
- Successfully manage existing partnerships with product manufacturers, local governments, sovereign and corporate carbon buyers, NGOs, and retailers.
- Oversee product development and procurement to ensure strong sales, margins, and impact. Drive continuous improvement in sales operations and supply chain.
Carbon Project Oversight and Origination
- Oversee country carbon finance operations including 3rd party experts that manage carbon credit generation.
- Originate new projects to expand UpEnergy’s geographical footprint.
- Develop tools and technologies to improve data capture and reporting.
- Set country financial and capitalization strategy.
- Effectively oversee financial management and accounting across the country operations, including annual audits and quarterly financial reports.
- Maintain and update a long-term financial model in line with current corporate strategy.
- Participate in leadership meetings to establish and manage strategic priorities.
Does this sound like you?
- Proven team building and general management experience.
- A track record of effective and strategic management of organizational growth.
- Interpersonal skills, credibility, and confidence to effectively represent UpEnergy in global forums and to lead the development of long-term partnerships cookstove and carbon leaders.
- Creative ambition: An entrepreneurial mindset.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree in related fields preferred. Fluent English required.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with project finance and/or the development of energy or carbon projects. Experience in carbon project development is a huge plus.
- Strong financial management experience, including internal controls and accountability: the ideal candidate will have managed budgets and a P&L.
- An understanding of customers and business culture in West Africa.
Why Join Us?
Not your average 9-to-5
UpEnergy encourages teamwork, creativity, and we’re not afraid to get our hands dirty. We stay close to our market, understand our customers, and have a lot of fun while doing our work! If you’re looking for a conventional 9-to-5, you’d be missing out on our adventures!
Opportunity to do things in a new way
As one of the largest compliance credit issuer in Africa, we need to be constantly improving and rethinking our way of work. This means endless opportunities for a self-starter to initiate new ways of doing things or experimenting ways to help us improve.
Personal and Career Growth
Wouldn’t it be a pity to spend so much time working but not growing and learning? At UpEnergy we value both personal and professional growth, and we want to grow as a team. From classroom training to coffee chats to performance review, we want to support every team member to grow into the best version they can.
Create Lasting Impact
Our clean energy products bring positive impact to both our planet earth and for the low-income communities we work in. We don’t just focus on sales – we follow up and truly understand our customers to make sure that they continue to benefit from our products. Your work will create much longer-lasting impact than what you can see!
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Feb, 2023