Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname. Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco. Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work. Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund. The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- To supervise and provide technical assistance and support to the Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Technicians, to improve system productivity, reliability, safety and stability through the design, construction and maintenance of electrical instruments and entire instrumentation systems.
- Supervise and manage Electrical & Instrumentation contractors, including work orders, service orders, and tracking purchases to ensure that preferred suppliers of labor and materials are used.
Electrical and Instrumentation Execution
- Conduct ongoing troubleshooting of E&I issues through leading technicians in finding and executing solutions to Electrical & Instrumentation problems on site.
- Plan, schedule and supervise all Electrical & Instrumentation works, including:
- Breakdown tasks and resources.
- Planned tasks and resources.
- Shutdown tasks and resources.
- Determine shutdown critical path activities and plan resources to complete activities timeously and achieve expected quality outcomes.
- Sign-off on requisitions and make relevant purchases of part items at the warehouse.
- Verify the parts, and estimated time of arrival of items to determine the most appropriate prioritization of jobs.
- Collaborate with Operations Supervisors on the best approach to get tasks done without affecting production.
- Liaise with planning on backlog, scheduling, equipment shutdown planning and resourcing.
- Review the objectives of the E&I personnel and refer any disagreements to the General Foreman – Electrical & Instrumentation.
- Conduct calibration of instrumentation.
- Coordinate with other departments to agree on the resourcing of capital projects using maintenance personnel for Electrical & Instrumentation works.
- Access required information within Electrical & Instrumentation systems and make minor adjustments to the control system by:
- Understanding the control system architecture and software to identify and modify elements.
- Communicating with the Process Control Engineer to validate and document changes.
Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Supervision
- Oversee Electrical & Instrumentation maintenance work in all process areas (i.e. Crushing, Grinding, Carbon In Leach (CIL), Elution, Counter current Decantation (CCD), Water Storage Facility (WSF), Tailings Storage Facility (TSF), Powerhouse and Workshop).
- Provide hands-on assistance during operations activities and ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Conduct shift handover meetings.
- Provide technical support when major electrical and instrumentation work is to be carried out on any of the plant equipment.
- Set up workshops for rebuilding equipment by providing hands-on assistance during maintenance activities to ensure safe work practices are followed.
- Manage and coordinate daily corrective actions.
Health and Safety Management
- Maintain own and teams’ compliance with Plant procedures, including Management Operating Systems.
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Conduct periodic safety meetings and inspections.
- Attend monthly safety inspection and meetings.
- Lead crew in conducting toolbox meetings
- Sign off on risk assessments conducted by crew for critical job execution.
Management Operating Systems (MOS) Section Oversight
- Take accountability for achieving and maintaining level 3 maturity for MOS elements identified as ‘Accountable” in MOS RACI chart.
- Take ownership of the following MOS elements:
- Identify New Work (MN10).
- Assign Work (MN11, M2).
- Execute Work (MN12). o Supervise Work (MN13).
- Daily Analysis and Review (MN14, M3).
- Job Analysis & Finalization (MN17).
- Capture Job Feedback (MN9).
- Shift Handover & Line out Planning (MN34, M1).
- Short Interval Control (GEN01).
- Assume responsibility for the following:
- Completing all tasks identified in the Ahafo MOS to the specified quality and timeliness, as assigned to this role.
- Resolving MOS Element non-conformances by direct intervention/coaching, wherever possible.
- Referring non-conformances to the General Foreman for resolution if immediate efforts are not successful.
- Acting on identified improvement opportunities to the MOS Element.
- Verifying that all MOS Element documentation is current and approved changes to the MOS Element are communicated to all involved stakeholders.
- Inducting new team members in their respective MOS elements.
- Produce reports indicating jobs completed for the day and submit the report to the General Foreman.
- Supervise allocated staff member(s) by:
- prioritizing and allocating tasks / responsibilities.
- checking and controlling the quality of work outputs.
- providing on-the-job training, mentoring, and coaching.
- performing the first level of performance appraisal.
- recommending further / relevant training courses and development actions.
- enhancing communication with staff through regular feedback, contact, meetings, and briefings.
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- High National Diploma in Engineering (Electrical) or related field.
- Inspecting Engineering Certification of competency.
- Advance knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advance knowledge of electrical instrumentation.
- Advance knowledge of the work management process.
- Advance knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Advance knowledge of the operation of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) SAP.
- General knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
- Working knowledge of all applicable electrical industry standards and recommended practices.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years’ experience in an E&I field within a gold processing plant or similar environment.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in Condition-Based Maintenance (CBM) techniques, such as vibration analysis, thermography and oil analysis.
- Experience in reliability centered maintenance programs.
- Experience in high voltage switching programs.
- Experience in maintenance practices for large brush motors.
- Experience in overhead power line maintenance and architecture (Up to 34.5kV).
- Experience in power transformer and accessories maintenance and oil analysis result interpretation.
- Power cable splicing (up to 34.5kV).
- Experience in power generation, transmission, and distribution.
- Experience in analytical instruments, flow, and level control/monitoring instruments as well as pressure control and monitoring instruments.
- Working experience in radiation sources safety and maintenance.
- Advance communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Advance troubleshooting skills (RCFA and FMEA).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong information monitoring and management skills.
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Conflict management and influencing skills.
- Ability to use the following technical instruments:
- RTD/Thermocouple and current simulators for trouble shooting of temperature sensors and transmitters.
- HART communicator for programming and trouble shooting.
- Dead weight test for calibration of transmitters and gauges.
- Modiewak for checking dead circuits for residual voltage (low or high).
- Meggar’s and Multimeter for testing voltage, resistance checks and resistance current.
- Three phase and single-phase appliance testers.
- Residual Current Devices testers.
- Customer focused.
- Diversity management.
- Goal oriented.
- Takes initiatives.
- Quality oriented.
- Results driven.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: while performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk, climb stairs, walk and stand for periods of time.
- Work Environment: occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperatures, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you! Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont. Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply. NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] . Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th Feb, 2023