District Education Advisor at Transforming Teaching Education & Learning (T-TEL)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Transforming Teaching Education & Learning (T-TEL)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
REPORTING AND MANAGEMENT
• Reports to the Quality Assurance and Partnerships Advisor.
• Line management responsibility for 2 National Service Personnel and a Transport and Logistics Officer.
• The District Education Advisor will support Districts to develop and implement their basic education improvement plans (called Learning Transformation
• The role involves stakeholder engagement, identification of capability gaps and activities to improve teaching and learning in basic schools,
capability strengthening for Change Leaders and district staff and progress reporting on the Learning Transformation Agenda Implementation.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work at the District level to support the District Education Oversight Committee (DEOC) to develop and implement basic education improvement
plans (called Learning Transformation Agendas- LTAs).
• Provide technical support to the DEOC, District Education Office teams, Change Leaders and Headteachers to deliver activities to ensure effective
implementation of agreed change interventions.
• Support the DEOC to resolve challenges and issues as and when they arise in association with workplan implementation.
• Review reports and supporting documentation from partners at the sub-national level and provide feedback to partners after review on regular basis.
• Identify capability gaps and support capability building activities at the sub-national level i.e., District and School level.
• Manage stakeholders and build relationships with partners at the sub-national level.
• Represent the project in forums and meetings at the sub-national level when required and produce written reports and updates as needed to fulfil
obligations to stakeholders.
• Support the DEOCs to develop new partnerships with critical stakeholders at the sub-national level.
• Develop and document processes for achievement and lessons for delivering “Managing for Learning” at the sub-national level.
• Participate in the development of sub-national level Monitoring and Evaluation Framework.
• Support sub-national level partners to document lessons and achievements in line with project reporting requirements.
• Submit quarterly progress reports to the Quality Assurance and Partnerships Advisor.
• Provide leadership and line management support for 2 National Service Personnel and the Transport and Logistics Officer at the district level.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Quality Assurance and Partnerships Advisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in education, project management or a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 6 years working experience in education project management, capacity building workshops organization and facilitation is required
• Demonstrate a passion for, and understanding of, the value of education
• Knowledge and experience of the basic education sub-sector in Ghana including knowledge of teaching and learning, school management, and education quality improvement.
• Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders and be able to work within a diverse cultural context.
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
• Excellent planning skills including the ability to develop complex multifaceted workplans and seeing them through to completion by supporting others to deliver.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience of monitoring the implementation of work plans, performance, and results.
• Well-organized, task- and time- oriented, and with close attention to details.
• Good ICT skills (including documents, spreadsheets, e-mail, calendar, Android tablets / phones).
• Independent with the ability to use own initiative and ability to be flexible.
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
Method of ApplicationApplications are to be submitted electronically to:
Closing Date: 20 November, 2022
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. For Education Advisor role, kindly indicate preference for either basic or secondary education position in the subject line of the email.