Country Manager at Operation Smile
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Operation Smile
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Country Manager (CM) has a broad and rewarding role as a country representative of Operation Smile Inc. (OS) with overarching supervisory and managerial responsibilities for all in-country operations, finance, human resources (HR), and programs. This is a broad role requiring a wide range of skill sets to manage and grow OS Ghana.
The CM is responsible for the development of Operation Smile Ghana‘s strategic direction and budgets, in alignment with our regional and organizational goals, contextualized for Ghana. The five-year country plan will be supported by the sub-Saharan Africa Regional team comprising of the Regional Director, Regional Finance Director, Regional Medical Officer, Regional Technical Leads and local and international volunteers and partners.
The CM is relied upon to manage all in-country activities which will include:
- Program planning, implementation with associated monitoring evaluation on annual basis
- Financial oversight & fiscal reporting on all areas of programs and country operations
- Quarterly and monthly reporting to OS both for programs and finance
- Local governance & compliance
- Workforce planning, human resource management and staff safety & security
- Key stakeholder management, in-country, internal organizational and external
Working closely with the Regional Director, the CM ensures that country programs are designed and implemented to meet Operation Smile’s global standards of care and are aligned with our programmatic goals.
The CM promotes active and broad participation by volunteers and donors in year-round activities and establishes sound working relationships with staff, volunteers, the Ministry of Health, regional health offices, hospital partners, professional associations, and other country stakeholders/partners.
Strategy and Vision
- Formulate and plan, in consultation with key stakeholders, a clear vision of present and future program goals and strategies which can be clearly communicated to team members, local beneficiaries, international partners, governmental counterparts, and donors.
- Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve program and organizational objectives.
- Evaluate program priorities within the country and participate in regional prioritization.
- Explore, evaluate, and present new country and project funding opportunities that leverage impact and integrate initiatives and activities.
- Support and direct related fund-raising activities with both institutional and private donors.
- Maintain an overview of the national context with a view to the strategic development of the project both in the current identified sites and the potential of future program extension and expansion.
- Develop and support the rolling out of a program implementation strategy that is appropriate to the country context and strategy.
- Manage a comprehensive activity plan, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frame.
- Oversee the overall design of the program ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget. Where necessary, ensure preventative and corrective action is taken.
- Support program implementation as needed, including developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring & evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, and internal & external reporting.
- Volunteer management will be an essential part of this role – managing Ghanaian volunteers and their credentialing process, managing the Global Volunteer Management System to ensure up to date and recruiting and developing new volunteers in various disciplines as required.
Financial Management – Fiscal, Compliance Management and Accountability
- Working with the Finance Manager and Regional Finance Director, fiscal management of OS Ghana’s budget will be a key part of this role.
- Plan and construct the program and operational budget in alignment with the budget process and deadlines.
- Coordinate overall country budget; manage budget and cash flow within approved spending levels to ensure a steady and adequate supply of funds for program activities.
- Oversee budget management of sub-grantees/sub-contractors if any.
- Ensure that restricted funding is spent according to donor proposals and regulations with relevant reporting.
- Build and maintain operational structures that ensure proper segregation of duties between finance, administration and logistics and fully support field programs.
- Recruit, manage and motivate an informed, skilled, and efficient team with an emphasis on excellence and achievement; encourage a team culture of learning, creativity, and innovation, incorporating staff development strategies and performance management systems into the team building process.
- Proactively manage workforce planning consistent with policies, including job descriptions for staff, onboarding and orientation, professional development plans, HR evaluations and staff policy manual in alignment with global HR.
- Establish leadership and professional credibility with the OS team, inspiring and implementing an organizational culture of accountability, responsibility, and quality of services.
- Working with the sub-Saharan volunteer management team and local volunteer manager, ensure volunteer recruitment and stewardship is maintained at the highest standard.
- Support volunteer engagement for the implementation of Ghana programs and international opportunities within the Operation Smile footprint.
- Support visiting international volunteers when they attend OS Ghana programs.
Support to the Board of Directors
- Management of quarterly board meetings with quorum of board in attendance.
- Provision of relevant finance, operational and programmatic documents on a quarterly basis in the form of board papers.
- Provide board briefings on annual budget approval from OS and quarterly position in alignment with annual approved budget.
- Ensure full and accurate minutes are taken at board meetings and signed off by the Board Chair.
- Support any other requests made by the board to ensure that OS Ghana is managed?with good practice and with due diligence.
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure the program is based upon sound principles of design and utilizes OS and donor required monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Represent OS Ghana as required with national and international donors, partners, media, and participate in local community activities and as appropriate.
- Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with OS regional and headquarters officers and staff, and external contacts with the national and local government officials, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media, and the public.
- Manage safety and security of the entire OS Ghana team and assets according to best practices, operating standards, and field realities.
- Liaise with security officials of the local government and other humanitarian, relief and development stakeholders concerning crucial events, periods of increased risk, incident reporting, and security policy changes.
Experience Required (education/work):
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Health Science, Business Administration, Project Management, Information Science, or other relevant fields.
- At least 10 years of experience with increasing responsibility in management positions, preferably within international non-profit organizations.
- Working experience with high level government officials, internal and external stakeholders, and partners.
- Demonstrable management of workforce and HR requirements.
- Track record of working with charity and society organization and its compliance.
- 3-month probationary period
- Strong Leadership skills with previous experience leading diverse teams.
- Strong administrative and project management skills.
- Strong fiscal skills being able to demonstrate ability to plan, manage, and execute budgets.
- Strong demonstrable implementation skills specifically with programs.
- Understanding of the Ghana healthcare environment and the challenges posed within the system.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Oral, written, and presentation language skills are required in English.
- Able to work diplomatically in a global team-based environment that includes board members, medical professionals, and volunteers.
- Able to accept newly assigned projects or duties as they become necessitated.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th October, 2023