Control Systems Technical Supervisor II at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- The Control Systems Technical Supervisor II is a member of the global Fixed Plant Control (FPC) systems team and is accountable for the availability and integrity of the Industrial Control System (ICS) infrastructure for a single site.
- The role leads a team of Control System Specialists at the site and provides support to operations, metallurgists, maintenance, engineering, and projects departments to safely maximise production capacity across both processing and mining facilities.
In This Role You Will
- Provide technical expertise and support for all fixed plant control systems within the site, including DCS, PLC & SCADA hardware, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Provide technical expertise and support for all ICS networking, telemetry, and all site OT infrastructure including the PI Historian suite of applications.
- Lead a team to provide support to control room / operations, metallurgists, maintenance, engineering, and projects departments to safely maximise production capacity across both processing and mining facilities.
- Review, approve, implement and audit change requests and project support, adhering to existing site configuration standards and change management (MOC) processes.
- Manage site operational expenditure and develops annual Operating Expenses (Opex)/Capital Expenditure (Capex) budgets.
- Monitor the sites control system infrastructure status and resolve any issues identified.
- Implement temporary and permanent change requests to ICS software/application.
- Support projects impacting on site industrial control systems.
- Monitor, report and improve the key ICS performance metrics (alarm & controller reporting, system availability etc. for the site).
- Supervise, guide, mentor, support and develop the Control Systems Specialist team members.
- Diagnose and resolve operations and maintenance issues related to the industrial control system.
- Support the site Operational Technology (OT) infrastructure and applications, including the PI Historian suite.
- Participate in the global process control community.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Tertiary qualification in control systems engineering, or related discipline.
- Additional trade qualification in related industry and demonstrated experience (see below).
- 5-7 years’ experience working with control systems in any related industry.
- Significant and demonstrable experience in at least one of the following systems:
- Yokogawa Centum VP DCS;
- Rockwell Control / Compact Logix PLCs;
- Schneider Modicon PLCs; or
- CitectSCADA HMI systems.
- and understanding of industrial Ethernet networks;
- to ICS communications protocols including Modbus TCP/IP, OPC, Profibus, etc.; and
- to IT/OT fundamentals including virtual server installations, database management, active directory management, cyber-security.
- and understanding of OsiSoft PI application suite desirable; and
- of industry best practices for industrial control systems.
- The position(s) are based at site on a roster (5:2 DI/DO) and incumbent may sometimes be required to work remotely from home.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th October, 2022