Cocoa Life Project Manager at World Vision Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: World Vision Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Provide leadership and overall project management for Mondelez International Cocoa Life that enables effective delivery of program activities in selected operational areas within the context of WV Ghana’s Strategic Direction.
- Design and develop Cocoa Life project annual work plans in the context of World Vision Mission and Vision and in alignment with WV Ghana’s Strategy and specific Area Programs for the achievement of WV’s Child Wellbeing Outcomes.
- Design and implement appropriate approaches and methodologies that ensure program sustainability through community empowerment, stakeholder capacity building and collaborative relationships;
- Develop and maintain positive linkages with relevant district, regional and national government institutions and staff in District Assemblies especially MOFA, COCOBOD and subsidiaries (CSSVD, QCD, PBC, SPU, CRIG), Department of Cooperatives and NBSSI;
- Liaise with People & Culture (P&C) to recruit team members like Program Facilitators, Savings for Transformation (S4T) Officer, M&E Officer and others as appropriate. Write and revise job descriptions of team members for attention of P&C
- Facilitate the building of capacity of Cocoa Life staff in WV programs, systems and procedures to ensure compliance in the process of implementing Cocoa Life activities
- Prepare and regularly monitor annual budgets, in line with project annual plans as well as any other periodic budgets that may be required with the support of WV Ghana’s Grants Manager;
- Ensure appropriate Scopes of Work and terms of reference are used to manage contracts implemented by consultants and stakeholders;
- Put in place effective structures for the implementation of Cocoa Life design, monitoring and evaluation strategy;
- Organize and participate in outcome learning and sharing events at the district, regional and national levels through quarterly, semi-annual and annual planning and review sessions with stakeholders.
- Manage partner agreements and effectively engage key partners in the districts Cocoa Life operational areas
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Requires a minimum of a University first degree or equivalent emphasis on Development, Economics and/or Business Development. A second degree or MBA is an advantage;
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar position, directing, coordinating and implementing a similar projects.
- Project Management Skills
- Strong facilitation and capacity development skills and experience in participatory approaches;
- Ability to negotiate and work with partners and organizations at all levels from community to national level policy makers;
- Good understanding of socio-economic issues;
- Strategic and conceptual thinking ability;
- Good knowledge of agricultural value chain program design and implementation;
- Excellent communication skills and a team player;
- Good spoken English and excellent writing skills, plus ability to speak a local language;
- Sound managerial Multitasking skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver;
- Writing, presentation and reporting skills;
- Computer skills including MS Word, MS excel and Power Point;
- Ability to manage partnerships with local partners.
List additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
- Program management skills
- Human Resource skills
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th December, 2023