Business Development Manager at Reputable Company
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales / Marketing Jobs in Ghana
To lead in conducting research, identifying, conceptualizing and formulating business opportunities, initiatives and partnerships to setup projects and/or develop products and services for the attainment of long-term business goals of the Company.
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
Business Development Strategy & Policy
- Participate in the development of strategy/business plan for the Business Development Unit and monitor its implementation.
- Develop for review and approval policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), work plan and other support systems including monitoring mechanisms in managing the Business Development Unit to achieve targeted objectives.
- Monitor the implementation of comprehensive strategy and tactical plan for business development, income generation and awareness-creation for the Company.
Market & Business Analysis
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of approved marketing plans to maintain and increase existing business and capture new markets/opportunities.
- Participate in the development of comprehensive sales and marketing strategies, including pricing models to meet the Company’s targeted objective and business plan.
- Research on existing markets and competitors to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for the Company and recommend for approval measures to minimize the impact of threats and to take advantage of identified opportunities.
- Review internal and external data to understand trends and discover opportunities for cost savings and income generation for the Company’s business.
- Lead research/studies and formulate market/business analysis for each identified business model and opportunity for the Company.
- Research and analyse key business drivers, market changes/influences, customer behavior, opportunities and competitor activities and come up with new products and services for approval and implementation.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly for approval
Business Development Initiatives
- Conceptualize and formulate new business ideas into saleable products/services and identify potential investors/partners for off-taker agreements in line with the Company’s long-term vision and business strategy.
- Stay abreast with current government policy interventions on emerging bi-lateral and multilateral economic/social development initiatives and provide advice on potential business opportunities for the Company.
- Conduct studies on operating business lines/markets of the Company and government’s development agenda regarding private sector participation and/or initiative and submit findings indicating business opportunities for approval and implementation.
- Identify potential new business opportunities to pursue in close collaboration with all stakeholders and identify avenues for project financing and implementation.
- Propose innovative ideas and approaches for developing the Company’s businesses and projects.
- Prepare proposals on new business initiatives and ideas highlighting financial/economic viabilities for consideration and implementation.
- Participate in the preparation of bid documents to facilitate business initiatives and projects.
- Supervise and coordinate the Business Development Team in the implementation of new business initiatives in line with the Company’s overall business strategy.
- Responsible for exploring/prospecting new business opportunities for the Company.
- Lead in developing and executing product and service launch plans/strategies.
- Develop for approval product positioning and messaging in a manner that differentiates the Company’s products from others in the market
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Responsible for setting standards/targets to monitor the performance of Business Development Team to ensure consistency and compliance with approved policies and guidelines.
Stakeholder Relations & Management
- Maintain professional relationship and liaise closely with government officials, MDAs and other business executives to explore business opportunities.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and other organizations (NGOs, private companies and government) to generate ideas, create partnerships and implement business models as approved.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget for the Business Development Department and implement same.
- Analyse performance reports against budgets, targets/standards and propose new business initiatives/directions for exploitation.
Information & Reporting
- Stay abreast with business-related legislations, rules and regulations in Ghana and countries of potential/current business partners and advise the Company as appropriate.
- Responsible for the maintenance and update of comprehensive data on potential, new and existing business development initiatives for easy retrieval and accessibility of information.
- Develop proposals, presentations and reports as required by the General Manager/ or Management.
- Review and analyse internal and external data to understand trends and discover opportunities for cost savings and income generation for the Company’s business.
- Keep the Company informed of potential business initiatives/emerging trends and best practices in project financing and management.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly and periodic business development report(s) for Management decision making.
- Proven knowledge and ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of business strategic development.
- Ability to articulate, package and sell project/business initiatives and clinch deals.
- Considerable knowledge/understanding of the business environment of Ghana and other foreign countries of importance.
- Entrepreneurial drive, passion and ability to help shape the organisation’s marketing and communication strategy.
- Considerable knowledge/understanding of market segmentation value propositions and customer profiles.
- Good knowledge of Ghana’s Trade Policy, GIPC regulations and other regulatory bodies/agencies with regard to business operations and/or relations with foreign content.
- Ability to develop fresh approaches and innovations as appropriate.
- Good knowledge and understanding of project management and administration.
- Excellent knowledge in marketing and branding activities.
- Ability to work under pressure in a target driven environment.
- Ability to build professional relationships relevant to the development of business potential /partnerships.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Consultative approach and ability to influence others to support business objectives.
- Good knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Business Development software/tools.
- Good sound decision making based on thorough analyses.
- Good managerial, coaching and interpersonal skills in a “team” setting.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master’s Degree in Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, Marketing or an equivalent discipline with not less than seven (7) years relevant working experience in the Heavy-Duty Equipment Industry and at least three (3) years in management.
- Must be a member of a recognised professional body.
Method of Application
Interested applicants may submit application and curriculum vitae to the under listed email address to: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.