Behavior Change and Innovation Officer (WASH) at Vibrant Village Foundation (VVF)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Vibrant Village Foundation (VVF)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Vibrant Village Foundation (VVF) is a private Foundation headquartered in Portland, Oregon State in theU.S.A. Established in 2010, the Foundation provides direct assistance and grants to support Agriculture, Livelihoods, Health, Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in marginalized and deprived communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America. VVF has supported programs in over 22 countries since its inception. In Ghana, the Foundation has contributed significantly towards poverty reduction in the Fielmuo community in theUpper West region of Ghana. Fielmuo is located in the Sissala West district and about 150km drive north of Wa-the Upper West regional capital. VVF has facilitated the provision of safe drinking water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), education, health and vocational skills training to over 14,237 people in 36 communities in the Sissala West and Lambussie districts.
In 2018 VVF developed a 10-year strategy under the theme ‘Integrated Program for Poverty Reduction and Social Transformation’ (IMPREST). The goal of the program is to contribute to poverty reduction, improved wellbeing and resilience of vulnerable populations through the implementation of multi-sectorial programs namely, Education and Child Protection, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and Livelihood, Food Security and Empowerment of Women. We are searching for Behavior Change and Innovation Officer (WASH) to strengthen our WASH department to deliver effective and efficient services to our target beneficiaries in the Upper West region and beyond.
Position: Behavior Change and Innovation Officer (WASH)
Location: Fielmuo- Sissala West District
Reporting to: WASH Coordinator
Relationships: Field Officers
2.1 Roles and responsibilities
The post-holder shall workunder the guidance and supervision of the WASH Coordinator to rollout the WASH Sector Strategy (2022-2026). The specific roles and responsibilities of the post-holder are:
3.1 Community/stakeholder mobilization
• Participate in the identification and enrolment of communities in the program.
• Observe community entry protocols in new communities and work closely with opinion leaders, traditional and religious authorities to achieve the desired outcome of the program.
• Organize campaigns to sensitize potential beneficiaries about the WASH interventions and the eligibility criteria to accessing services.
• Facilitate the setting-up and strengthening of Water and sanitation management teams (WSMT) to participate in project activities.
• Serve as a link between VVF and the target communities.
4.1 Training, mentoring and coaching
• Work closely with the WASH Coordinator to developmaterials/manuals and conduct trainings for beneficiaries on WASH sector interventions
• Support WSMT and community based mechanics (CBM) to implement their action plans.
• Carry out feasibility surveys and prepare designs and estimates for sanitation and hygiene promotion activities.
• Support local community to develop and implement Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) plans and strategieson sanitation.
• Ensure that gender, protection issues, disability, age and other vulnerabilities are considered in project planning and implementation.
• Conduct regular mentoring and coaching to local communities to address their WASH needs.
5.1 Learning and accountability
• Participate in community/local level coordination meetings involving local authorities, sector partners and other VVF staff.
• Ensure efficient use of project resources.
• Maintain records and database of project activities
• Prepare and share regular and progress reports with supervisor and
• Perform any other functions as may be assigned by management.
Qualification Required & Experience
6.1 Profile and experience of the post-holder
• Degree in Water resources Management, Environmental Studies, Sanitation and Waste Management Studies, Development Studies, Social Sciences or relevant area or equivalent work experience.
• At least 3 years’ experience working in similar position with a non-governmental organization
• Proficiency in the use of Computer in addition to the use of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
• Strong data analysis, reporting and facilitation skills.
• Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
• Ability to speakone of the northern local language(s) especially Sissali, Dagaare and Waali.
• Strong commitment to improving the well-being of families in rural communities.
• Ability to ride a motor bike for long distances.
Location: Fielmuo- Sissala West District
Method of ApplicationIn a single document, please submit your CV and cover letter including salary expectations to the recruiting team at:
Closing Date: 01 December, 2021
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Female Candidates and kindly encouraged to apply