Accountant, USAID West Africa PELA II at Panagora Group
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Panagora Group
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
As a prime contractor under USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract, Panagora Group seeks an experienced Accountant for the anticipated USAID-funded Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adaptation II (PELA II) Activity. This activity is designed to enhance USAID’s effectiveness in preventing and countering violent extremism, peacebuilding, and strengthening democracy, human rights, and good governance by strengthening the Mission’s implementation of programs; coordination of its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism in the West Africa region.
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
The accountant will be responsible for all accounting tasks and tracking under the Activity, ensuring payments and financial transactions comply with USAID and legal regulations. This is a long-term position based in Accra, Ghana.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Review invoices received from suppliers in detail to ensure they comply with legal regulations and ensure that invoice supporting documentation is in accordance with policies and procedures established by Panagora Group, including approvals for services
- Prepare payments to suppliers, consultants, subcontractors, and others and record all payments in financial software in accordance with policies and procedures established by Panagora Group and local laws
- Assist in management of petty cash disbursements, management, and records for the activity
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, financial reports, and tax withholdings, contributions, etc. as required by Panagora Group policies and local laws, under the direction of the finance and administration manager
- Prepare additional routine and ad-hoc financial and accounting reports, as requested
- Maintain accurate and detailed accounting file records and documents, according to Panagora Group policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the finance and administration manager.
- Technical degree in accounting or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, and accounting software such as CostPoint
- Clear attention to detail, ability to assist in project financial management
- Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal, and financial compliance requirements associated with USAID funding a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and adapt to frequently changing priorities
- Local nationals and those with extensive work experience in West Africa, including Niger, Chad, Cameroon, and Burkina Faso are strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English and in French
To Apply: Fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th July. 2022