Technical Advisor I – 2022200537 at FHI 360
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. To meet the needs of our rapidly expanding portfolio in Ghana, we seek a qualified candidate for the following position under the Sexual Health and Reproductive Education (SHARE) program.
SHARE is a five-year, multi-country CAD$36.69M program funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC). Designed as a gender-transformative, human-rights progressive sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) program, SHARE’s ultimate outcome is to increase the enjoyment of health-related human rights by adolescent girls and young women in Ghana, Mozambique and Uganda.
The TAI will lead and implement SHARE project activities in Ghana ensuring high-quality results and strong communication with FHI 360 HQ staff and consortium partners. The TAI will work with the SHARE country teams to implement and monitor project initiatives, collaborating across consortium partners. S/he will be tasked with adapting global training materials and providing technical assistance to local community-based organizations to meet the project objectives. Technical assistance will be focused on provision of adolescentcentered and gender-responsive health information and services.
- Provides technical leadership in AYSRH service delivery and research utilization for SHARE.
- Leads the design, adaptation, development, planning, and implementation of innovative technical strategies, in collaboration with consortium partners.
- With technical oversight, provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity- building of specific technical components of projects
- Ensures technical implementation is consistent with best practices in AYSRH and meet client / funder contractual obligations.
- Supports coordination of FHI 360-led research activities under the project and lead the country-level research utilization activities, working closely with FHI 360 HQ research and research utilization staff.
- Helps in the development and review of annual SHARE work plans.
- Drafts financial and technical reports.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Health Promotion, Public Health, Health Education, Behavioral/ Social Sciences, Human Development or related field. Extensive adolescent sexual and reproductive health experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience in technical implementation of large projects and/or programs.
- Documented experience providing technical assistance, capacity building and business development in AYSRH and/or reproductive/sexual health.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates may submit CV/resume and cover letter, including salary requirements by following the below application instructions
- Go to https://www.fhi360.org/careers,
- Click on Search Jobs, and search for the position numbers assigned to each position,
- Create an account and follow the application instructions.