Project Manager – NTD at World Vision
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The USAID’s Act to End NTDs | West program will support the elimination and control of NTDs in Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leona and Togo. The program aims to make NTD programs capable of sustaining long-term control of SCH, STH (and onchocerciasis in selected countries), and to mainstreaming NTD programs into national health systems. The NTD community is increasingly focusing its efforts on programmatic integration of NTDs, WASH and other cross sectors activities to achieve long term elimination of NTDs. Research has shown that gains made from mass drug administration (MDAs) cannot be sustained without a substantial level of investment in education, nutrition, malaria, water, sanitation and hygiene. MDA alone will not protect people from reinfection. Donor agencies and country governments should create the conditions for more effective and sustainable programs to mitigate barriers and include integrated efforts and cross sectorial approaches.
- Support NTDP to identify existing cross-sectoral collaboration mechanisms for NTD and leverage WASH, Nutrition, Malaria, Child Health and Education, and other sectors or programs to strengthen, improve and sustain Schistosomiasis, and Soil Transmitted Helminths control programs.
- Develops and implements a strategy that facilitate several USAID funded interventions to work across sectors to help countries establish long-term, cost-effective NTD control programs (e. g., soil transmitted helminthiasis, schistosomiasis) and ensure the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
- Develops and maintains collaborative and beneficial relationships with key stakeholders across sectors, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs and consistently maintained and viewed as a knowledgeable resource in their technical area
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with ACT | West counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners and coordinate the participation of overlapping NTD programs and complementary development-sector programs in the country-level work plans;
- Develop proposals and abstracts related to the project and represents the organization and/or Institute to external entities at professional meetings and conferences.
- Improve the engagement between NTD actors and WASH, education sectors to identify opportunities for cross-sector coordination and successfully build sustainable relationships between government/policy makers for improved service delivery and responsiveness to NTD program needs
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components and ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
- Provides broad country technical leadership to multiple components for moderate to complex programs and Influences design and scope of initiatives and programs.
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems. Submit timely, accurate and professional reports that meet donor requirements and monitor local context and report on how changes in context may affect programme activities. This includes changes in the security environment.
- Lead annual planning to ensure that plans are made to meet the targets set out in the project design and understanding and developing budgets and finance, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections
Educational Level Required
- Masters or PhD Degree or its International Equivalent Public Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development or Related Field.
- 8-11 Years of experience in the implementation of public health or other infectious diseases programs.
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation of WASH, Malaria, Nutrition and/or Education projects. Experience with WASH and School Health Programs is highly desirable.
- Oversee and leads projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Experience in managing or working on USAID funded projects is strongly preferred.
- Written and published materials related to technical area e. g., journal articles, job aids, training curricula, and other tools would be an advantage.
- Proactive approach, good organization and time management skills, and ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Leadership and teamwork capabilities that includes coaching and motivating staff to high level of performance, & engaging in effective cross cultural & cross functional working to achieve shared goals in the absence of direct line management authority.
- Experienced networker with strong negotiation skills and an ability to maintain a good up to date knowledge of the grant opportunities and trends in WV ´s priority sector
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Office based with frequent travel to the field,
- Travel: 10% Domestic /International Travel is required
- On Call: 5%
Applicant Types Accepted
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 9th May. 2022