Health and Safety Superintendent at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.DimensionsAbout This Role
- To lead and develop a team of Health and Safety Coordinators that support the operation to meet business objectives without harm.
In This Role You Will
- Communicate, engage, and provide support for site leaders.
- Provide visible and vocal safety leadership across the site.
- Provide development, training and coaching for Health and Safety Coordinators.
- Provide Event classification guidance.
- Oversee deployment of capable safety resources to support risk assessments and event investigations.
- Liaise with key external parties e.g., Regulator.
- Ensure site compliance with Newmont Fatality Risk Management (FRM) standards and relevant legislative requirements (Governance).
- Ensure compliance against the relevant health & hygiene standards and legislative requirements.
- Be involved in Health & Safety data reporting and analysis; effectively identifying and sharing trends and issues.
- Ensure Health & Safety budget cost management.
- Have direct involvement and ensure support of the Newmont assurance standards.
- Maintain direct contact with Newmont peers to ensure alignment and standardisation.
- Oversee site Occupational health and safety (OHS) Representative Program.
Your Training, Skills & Experience ChecklistFormal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Tertiary qualification in Health, Safety, and Engineering.
- Senior HSE Engineer/Officer Certificate from the Inspectorate Division of Minerals Commission.
- Experience in mining or similar heavy industry.
- Strong communication, engagement and influencing skills.
- Lead and develop a team of professionals.
- Problem solves complex issues pertaining to occupational safety.
- Coach, support, and influence site leaders.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience working within a Health and Safety field, in an extractive industry, for a large sized organisation, of which a minimum of 3 years should have been in a Supervisory/Managerial capacity.
- Prior event investigation experience is essential.
- Experience in a construction environment is beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- Risk management and assurance processes.
- Health & Safety legislation.
- Analytical capability and data-based decision making.
- Goal orientated.
- Applies integrity in all dealings.
- Safety conscious.
- Pro-active and takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Attentive to detail.
- Transparent and Trustworthy.
- The position is located in Ahafo South
- Incumbent works in an office setting with regular visits to operational areas, not all of which have high exposures to hazardous environments.
- Travel is required to attend Chamber of Mines Technical Committee meetings, as well as periodic meetings with the Chief Inspector of Mines in Accra in the absence of the Health and Safety Manager.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th September, 2023