Finance Controller at Puma Energy
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Puma Energy
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
As Controller in our Finance Department, you will have a central role to implement a number of best practices pertaining to costs and margins follow up in order to enhance the profitability of the company and implement a number of Puma’s best practices.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Monthly reporting of reliable business margin through correct inventory valuation and proper rationalisation of segmentation performance vs in country principles (price structure).
- Preparation of monthly customer and site profitability.
- Price updates and discount review: Review prices updates for new customers and discounts for reasonability/ accuracy/competitiveness before they are input in the system by price analyst.
- Prepare daily controls
- Prepare weekly volume flash and biweekly flash report
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of country financial results (Full P&L, Line of business and FX reviews)
- Preparing monthly reporting packs for the country performance reviews
- Review fixed cost by account and cost centers to ensure that they are reasonable and spending is within budget and that all exceptional items are properly explained
- Focus on providing quality information to the Business with proper explanation for all the elements of the P&L
- Propose new actions to the business in order to be more efficient
- Prepare 3 month rolling cash flow in conjunction with treasury
- Drive ad-hoc analysis as required by the business
- Review stock positions monthly
Budget and Plan
- Prepare annual P&L budget and strategic plan according to group timelines
- Deliver quality budgets on time with alignment of numbers with key stakeholders stating clear assumptions and cross checking of anchor points
- Preparation of the annual capex budget
- Ensure adherence of procurement procedures relating to capex
- Ensure capex budget is adequately utilized by running bi-weekly capex calls
- Ensure accurate capex reporting (Actual and forecast)
- Review of projects prior its approval as per DOA
- Perform business case analysis (P&L, DCF, IRR, etc.)
- Comply with all Group, Statutory and Regulatory requirements of the company, such as Financial Statements and Monthly regulatory reporting eg Petroleum Activities Reports (PAR), Slate, Compensation recoveries
- Liaise with tax team to ensure Tax reporting is correct.
- Ensure that all compliance requirements are submitted accurately and on time.
- Provide reports/recommendation to management on any control issues.
- Ensure that the company’s control framework is effective and fit for purpose and that it is aligned to the Group’s Control framework
- Assist in providing information for statutory and internal audits in line with set timelines
- Assist the FM in enforcing controls including DOA compliance
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Country GM, Country Finance manager, Commercial teams, Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Regional management, regional finance, global stakeholders
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th Jan, 2023