Chief of Party at FHI 360
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment, and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities, and countries we serve–improving lives for millions.
FHI 360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Chief of Party for the recently awarded USAID Ghana Accelerating Social and Behavior Change Project in Ghana. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana.
Accelerating Social and Behavior Change Project (ASBC) seeks to promote measurable and sustainable social and behavior change in 17 priority districts in the areas of malaria, family planning, nutrition, maternal and child health and emerging infectious diseases in target populations (women of reproductive age, newborns, children <5, adolescents/youth <25 and others). The ASBC project activities are designed to: 1) promote sustainability of a capacitated Ghana Health Service- Health Promotion Division (Result 1); 2) improve health-seeking behavior change and impact at individual and community levels (Result 2); and, 3) promote private enterprise and CSO support for the public health agenda (Result 3).
The Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for the USAID Ghana Accelerating Social and Behavior Change project. He/She will serve as institutional liaison to USAID and the Ghana Health Service and will be responsible for strategic leadership and oversight of the project. The COP will:
- Develop annual workplans and ensure successful implementation.
- Assure technical and management responsibility for all project personnel.
- Work closely with partners and key stakeholders in ensuring alignment between health communication strategies and needs of regional and district health management teams, health care workers and clients
- Serve as the project’s representative to USAID/Ghana, the Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service, other donors and institutions, technical agencies and other participating organizations as required.
- Responsible for addressing agreement-related issues, including ensuring that FHI 360’s financial controls and systems comply with generally accepted accounting practices that meet USAID standards, and that all activity-procured materials and equipment are safeguarded and prudently and responsibly used.
- Ensure successful implementation of the project and for providing general program and technical direction as well as completion of required reports.
- Manage the development of and monitors work plans and budgets; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation; ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting.
- Liaise as appropriate with: USAID Ghana, government counterparts, and local implementing agencies in coordinating their participation in project development and implementation.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in public health, communication, social sciences, international development, or a related field.
- Senior project management experience with at least 10 years in the implementation and management of international complex health and SBC projects including communication approaches, advocacy, and a demonstrated skill with demonstrated organizing resources and investments for improving SBC activities in developing countries is required.
- Proven experience in a leadership position involving the administration of similarly sized international donor supported programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting required.
- Proven ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams is desired. Must have a proven track record of building teams and fostering collaboration especially with and among the private sector, government, USAID projects, and key stakeholders in the SBC sector.
- Evidence of strong communication skills, both oral and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements.
- Experience in using behavior change communication approaches to promote healthy behaviors and increase utilization of services in at least one of the following: family planning, maternal child health, nutrition, or malaria.
- Knowledge of the relevant health issues in Ghana a plus.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as requested.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th Jan. 2022