Administrative Assistant at ITU
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: ITU
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
ITU is the leading United Nations agency for information and communication technologies, with the mission to connect the world. To achieve this, ITU manages the radio-frequency spectrum and satellite orbits at the international level, works to improve communication infrastructure in the developing world, and establishes global standards that foster seamless interconnection of a vast range of communication systems. ITU also organizes global Telecom events bringing together the most influential representatives of government and the private sector to exchange ideas and knowledge for the benefit of all.
VACANCY NOTICE NO. 8TVN-2022/BDT-DKH/EXTERNAL/G5
Date of Issue: 9 February 2022
Applications from women are encouraged
Functions: Administrative Assistant
Deadline for Applications (23.59 Geneva CH) : 2 March 2022
Duration of Contract: 11 months
Type of Appointment: Short Term Appointment
Duty Station: Accra, Ghana
Organ: The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) is responsible for the organization and coordination of the work of the Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) of the Union which deals mainly with ICT-focused development policies, strategies and programmes, as well as technical cooperation activities, to promote digital inclusion and drive digital transformation at community, country and regional levels. To effectively and efficiently serve the needs of ITU members, BDT is organized into four functional areas:
- Office of the Deputy to the Director and Field Operations Coordination Department
- Partnerships for Digital Development Department
- Digital Networks & Society Department
- Digital Knowledge Hub Department
Organization Unit: The Digital Knowledge Hub Department is responsible for providing best practices and information to support the public policy decisions of ITU Member States. This department provides a platform for the members, as well as for external entities such as researchers, the private sector and other development agencies, to obtain critical information on digital trends, information society developments and digital skills. In addition to consolidating ITU’s position as the recognized global source for regulatory information and ICT data, this department is responsible for the work of ITU-D Study Groups. Finally, this department provides capacity and digital skills building programmes.
Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer based in Accra, Ghana, and in collaboration with the Senior Project Manager, the Administrative Assistant will carry out all administrative support tasks related to the implementation of the operational activities of the project ”Boosting digital skills through Digital Transformation Centres (DTCs)”. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the National Project Officer who is working closely with the Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC), the implementing partner in Ghana. To this end, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Provides administrative support to the project team in the implementation of project activities in Ghana, including support on procurement of goods and services as well as financial reporting.
- Liaises with ITU HQ colleagues in the procurement department, finance department, travel, and other relevant departments, as required by the administrative procedures related to the implementation of project activities.
- Assists the project team in the preparation of progress reports both financial and narrative as well as any other reports as required regarding the Project’s activities in Ghana. c7EOCQf u0j1y
- Contributes to the organization of meetings, missions and other events. Formats and disseminates agenda and invitations to relevant parties. Supports in planning logistics and liaising with relevant stakeholders to support meeting or mission planning.
- Provides support for the promotion and visibility of the project, including collecting and developing human interest stories; case studies and impact stories; collaborates with ITU Communications/Social Media Team and GIFEC to share information and knowledge about the project.
- Supports implementation and monitoring of the project’s subsidiary plans, including procurement, budget, promotion, stakeholder engagement and training plans.
- Supports on the compilation, consolidation and analysis of relevant data for reporting.
- Maintains records of project files and other supporting documents on the shared drive as per ITU’s guideline for record keeping.
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned by the National Project Officer.
- Core Competencies: Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Learning and Knowledge Sharing; Organizational Commitment; Results-Focused, and; Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Essential Functional Competencies: Client and Service Orientation; Innovation and Facilitating Change, and; Planning and Organizing.
- Essential Technical Competencies: Proficiency in Microsoft Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Education: Complete secondary education with a diploma OR complete equivalent technical or commercial studies with a diploma. For internal candidates, obligatory schooling in combination with ten years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of complete secondary education with a diploma for promotion or rotation purposes.
Experience: At least five years of experience in the field of the post. (A maximum of three years of studies in the field of the post and in a recognized school may replace the required experience on the basis of one year of education for one year of experience.) A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in project management and administrative support services or related area would be an asset. Experience using SAP is desirable. Experience in general project implementation support within the United Nations system, or other similar international organization in Ghana. Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures; numerate and good attention to detail.
Languages: Knowledge of English both oral and written at advanced level is required. Knowledge of a second official language of the Union (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) at intermediate level would be an advantage.
Additional Information: According to ITU Staff Regulations and Rules, appointments to posts in the General Service category are subject to local recruitment conditions.
ONLY APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES RESIDING IN THE AREA OF THE DUTY STATION SHALL BE CONSIDERED.
Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for written test. Interviews may be used as a form of screening.
For further information concerning the Conditions of Employment please click the following link
Applicants will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Feb. 2022