Young Professional Officer (Social Protection) at Food and Agriculture Organization
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Food and Agriculture Organization
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. FAO’s goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. The Regional Office for Africa (FAORAF) oversees 47 sub-Saharan countries guided by Regional Priorities that serve as a mechanism to ensure effective delivery and to demonstrate impact of FAO’s work on agrifood systems transformation in the Region. In its programme delivery, RAF contributes to the achievements of FAO’s Strategic Framework, which seeks to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable, agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind. The four betters represent an organizing principle for how FAO intends to contribute directly to SDG 1 (No poverty), SDG 2 (Zero hunger), and SDG 10 (Reduced inequalities) as well as to supporting achievement of the broader SDG agenda, which is crucial for attaining FAO’s overall vision. The four betters reflect the interconnected economic, social and environmental dimensions of agrifood systems. As such, they also encourage a strategic and systems-oriented approach within all FAO’s interventions. The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with offices and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the African Union and Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs).
The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The post is located in the RAF Programme Unit under the technical leadership of the Regional Programme Leader.
The Young Professional Officer (Social Protection) reports to the Senior Policy Officer/Social Protection Lead for Africa.
Social Protection Programmes in the Region, including technical support to Sub-regional Offices and Country Offices.
Support the Social Protection Lead in data collection, analysis and review of information, data and statistics, and project/meeting services to support programme products, projects, publications, and services on social protection and economic inclusion in Africa.
- Analyzes relevant technical social, economic, environmental, and technology information, data and/or statistics for input in various documents;
- Maintains records and updates databases and web pages;
- Provides technical support to various projects;
- Collaborates in the development of training tools and materials and the organization of workshops/seminars etc.;
- Participates in the organization and follow-up of meetings, consultations and conferences, the production of required materials and the provision of information and assistance to partners;
- Contributes to technical inputs on social protection for corporate reports and documents, publications and communications products;
- Contributes to engagements in policy processes with governments and other development partners on issues related to Social Protection;
- Contributes to capacity building through the development of training material and implementation of capacity building activities (Webinars, Conferences etc.) targeting officials in the area of Social Protection;
- Assists in the coordination of assessments, studies and other research related to the coverage and impacts of social protection;
- Performs other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in one of the following areas: social policy, social anthropology, social sciences or other related areas.
- One year of relevant experience in at least one of the following areas: socio-economic analysis, policy revision or formulation, capacity building in relation to gender and social protection.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrated skills in the following technical areas:
- Collection and analysis of technical information and data
- Analysis of socio-economic and/or gender data including social equity issues
- Preparation, editing and revision of technical/scientific documents and in organizing meetings and workshops
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Working knowledge of French would be a strong asset
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th September, 2022