Workshop Supervisor at Reputable Company
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sogakope
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Job title: Workshop Supervisor
Reports to: Farm Manager
Direct Reports: Mechanics and welders
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the jobholder will lead and manage people to inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, assemble components and provide preventative maintenance services for a variety of farm equipment, vehicles and farm facilities and maintain inventory and records for the mechanic shop; and perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review and participate in the work of technical assigned staff.
- Create and maintain service and maintenance schedules for machines and equipment; schedule coordinate with departments and vendors for service; and determine and coordinate daily work priorities for shop.
- Generate repair orders and track progress through completion; ensure repair orders and timesheets of employees in shop are complete and accurate.
- Perform mandatory periodic reporting to the workshop.
- Plan the availability of spare parts on time to repair and maintain all farm machines and equipment.
- Repair and maintain all farm infrastructure including irrigation canals, drains, pumps stations, farm roads and water dams.
- Maintain accurate, updated and complete records of preventive maintenance.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Act as a technical advisor on key projects as requested.
- Identify staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved. Work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model appropriate technical skills.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance regularly and ensure human resources is informed of trends in performance.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the department.
Education & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or an Engineering Trade Qualification
- 10 years’ progressive hands-on experience with 3 years’ experience managing a team in a preferably agriculture equipment maintenance workshop
- Experience in heavy machinery is a plus (Massey, Caterpillar,
Knowledge (Incumbent must have proficiency in)
- Knowledgeable of farm machinery, equipment and facilities including tractors, ploughs, harrows, harvesters etc
- Knowledge of Tractor Maintenance & Related Computer Systems Ability to plan, prioritize and monitor • Ability to handle stress.
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical orientation
Skills (Incumbent must demonstrate proficiency in)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people at various levels from shop floor to senior management
- Strong technical, organizational, analytical and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
- Project management experience
- People management skills
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Quality and productivity focused
Personal attributes (Incumbent must demonstrate)
- Strong personal integrity
- Self-driven with the ability to motivate team
- Conflict management skills
- Professional image/visibility
- Possess a strong performance and results orientation
Method of ApplicationAll interested persons with the requisite qualification and skills should submit their application, curriculum vitae and other credentials to the Director, Human Resources through [email protected] not later than 10th October,2022
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.