Work Management Coordinator at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
Technical Services provides global support to Newmont and its operating businesses across a range of specialized technical functions. Within Technical Services, the Asset Management (AM) function will be responsible for creating and implementing effective global asset strategies, delivering efficient asset planning and strategic insights to drive exceptional global asset performance across Newmont’s portfolio. It aims to ensure that Newmont’s asset management processes and capabilities are a source of sustainable and considerable competitive advantage for Newmont. This is achieved by focusing on business process standardization, proactive collaboration, competency and capability development, maintenance and reliability practices, relevant global productivity metrics and targeted value-adding asset lifecycle cost improvements. The AM function is focused on delivering value aligned with our philosophy of continuous improvement and rapid replication.
The Work Management (WM) Coordinator is a site-based role that reports into the centralized AM planning function, supporting the delivery of effective maintenance plans and schedules designed to maximize the efficiency of site maintenance teams and drive improved equipment performance. The Work Management (WM) Coordinator is the site-based owner of the departmental maintenance plan and schedule and is responsible for driving communication between the central AM planning function and the site team to ensure successful execution of the plan.
Key Outcomes Include
- Ownership of maintenance schedule during development, and support in the execution of site maintenance schedule
- Clear and transparent communication between site and the central AM planning function to provide feedback on and adjustments to the maintenance plan to drive site efficiency.
In This Role You Will
Planning & Scheduling
- Maintain consistent communication with the centralized planning team, provide input and feedback to support the development of short- and long-term maintenance plans, including resource and material availability.
- Ensure final maintenance schedule sign-off by site leads and publish schedules to execution and operations teams.
- Responsible for generating work/job packs and other required materials to execute work.
Engage with supply chain to track parts and materials against weekly maintenance plan and apply contingencies to address shortages or delays if required.
Monitor the progress of maintenance plan, address any deviations and adjust for break-in work where required.
Liaise with local business partners to provide additional resources or specialized skills when required.
Analysis and Opportunity Identification
- Conduct weekly planning meetings and backlog review meetings to identify current and emerging priorities and provides feedback to central planning team.
- Conduct field observations of work in progress to identify areas of opportunity and provides feedback to planning function.
- Ensure and monitor the correct use of the ERP system in accordance with global requirements including coaching and training of execution team.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Degree/Higher National Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical).
- MINCOM Certification is an advantage.
- Certificate in Asset Management is an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards
- Thorough knowledge of the work management process
- Thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling maintenance activities
- Strong knowledge of the operation of the CMMS (SAP).
- General knowledge of performance measures and their interpretation
- General knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
- General knowledge of asset life cycle management and asset management principles and best practice.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in asset management and/or execution of heavy industry plant maintenance.
- Mining industry experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in both equipment maintenance and planning is desirable.
- Experience with manual and computerized maintenance planning systems
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and MS Project.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound information monitoring and management skills.
- Sound planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings.
- Ability to interpret engineering schematics/blueprints.
- Ability to effectively prioritize jobs in order of importance.
- Demonstrated strong inter-personal relationship skills and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate both in person and virtually.
- Ability to quickly assess information to diagnose problems and opportunities, with a track record of strong professional judgement and critical thinking.
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders across Newmont including central Asset Management, operations, supply chain, and external partners.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a high performing, multi-disciplined and diverse team.
- The position is located at the Ahafo South site and will require office and field-based work.
- Some domestic travel may be required.
- The incumbent will work in a multi-discipline and diverse environment.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th May, 2023