Work Management Coordinator – Mining at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- This role aims to ensure that Newmont’s asset management processes and capabilities are a source of sustainable and considerable competitive advantage for Newmont. This is achieved by focusing on business process standardization, proactive collaboration, competency and capability development, maintenance and reliability practices, relevant global productivity metrics and targeted value-adding asset lifecycle cost improvements.
- The Asset Management (AM) function is focused on delivering value aligned with our philosophy of continuous improvement and rapid replication. The Work Management (WM) Coordinator is a site-based role that reports into the centralized (Asset Management) AM planning function, supporting the delivery of effective maintenance plans and schedules designed to maximize the efficiency of site maintenance teams and drive improved equipment performance.
- The Work Management (WM) Coordinator is the site-based owner of the departmental maintenance plan and schedule and is responsible for driving communication between the central AM planning function and the site team to ensure successful execution of the plan.
In This Role You Will:
Planning & Scheduling
- Maintain consistent communication with the centralized planning team, providing input and feedback to support the development of short- and long-term maintenance plans, including resource and material availability.
- Ensure final maintenance schedule sign-off by site leads and publishes schedules to execution and operations teams.
- Responsible for generating work/job packs and other required materials to execute work.
- Engage the Supply Chain department to track parts and materials against weekly maintenance plan and applies contingencies to address shortages or delays if required.
- Monitor the progress of maintenance plan, addressing any deviations and adjusting for break-in work where required.
- Liaise with local business partners to provide additional resources or specialized skills when required.
Analysis and Opportunity Identification
- Conduct weekly planning meetings and backlog review meetings to identify current and emerging priorities and provides feedback to central planning team.
- Conduct field observations of work in progress to identify areas of opportunity and provides feedback to planning function.
- Ensure and monitor the correct use of the Emergency Response Plan (ERP) system in accordance with global requirements, including coaching and training of execution team.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A Bachelor of Science degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) discipline.
- MINCOM Certification is an added advantage.
- Certificate in Asset Management is an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Thorough knowledge of the work management process.
- Thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling maintenance activities.
- Sound knowledge of the operation of the CMMS (SAP).
- General knowledge of performance measures and their interpretation.
- General knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
- General knowledge of asset life cycle management and asset management principles and best practice
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in asset management and / or execution of heavy industry plant maintenance.
- Mining industry experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in both equipment maintenance and planning is desirable.
- Experience with manual and computerized maintenance planning systems.
- Sound project management skills.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and MS Project.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound information monitoring and management skills.
- Sound planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings.
- Ability to interpret engineering schematics / blueprints.
- Ability to effectively prioritize jobs in order of importance.
- Detail focused.
- Goal and quality oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Technically inclined.
- Position is located at Ahafo North with domestic travels required.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th July, 2023