Water Quality Study Coordinator at World Vision International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana - World Vision Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
To coordinate and facilitate research activities in the field related to a water distribution system water quality study in Ghana. The incumbent will be responsible for external communications and engagement with all stakeholders including World Vision (WV), the University of North Carolina (UNC) Water Institute staff, and other stakeholders and institutions involved.
COORDINATION OF FIELD RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- Manage and oversee the field implementation of this study, including working with the team to meet schedule, budget, quality control, and other study requirements
- Facilitate with WVG the research ethical approval and clearance
- Routine (e.g., weekly) reporting of project activities and progress to World Vision Ghana (WVG) and World Vision US (WVUS)
- Lead/support recruitment, training, and management of study personnel in coordination with WVG and WVUS
- Coordinate transportation of field personnel equipment and samples to and from labs and field
- Coordinate with community members in study areas including facilitating community entry, data collection visits, follow-up and reporting, and community exit
- Ensure all supplies and samples are maintained and managed according to study protocols and inventory/sample management requirements
- Ensure all field activities are conducted in alignment with study timeline and protocol, including ensuring that ethical guidelines established in protocols are respected by all field personnel
- Ensure that proper sample collection, transport, storage, and analysis occurs as described in study protocol and per training by UNC
- Facilitate engagement with other stakeholders, as agreed to by WVG, WVUS, and the terms of the communication management plan, to undertake field study activities according to study timeline and protocol
- Arrange, coordinate, and facilitate regular meetings with WVG and WVUS field and program staff
- Coordinate with on-the-ground personnel from local and national government stakeholders, in collaboration with WVG, as related to field-based activities
- Transparent communication with WVG and WVUS team to provide timely responses to requests for information and questions, meetings and field operation planning and implementation
FACILITATION OF LOGISTICS (20%)
Coordinate logistics and contracting with local laboratories (with support from other WVG personnel)
Assist with logistics and coordination of project related events (trainings, meetings, presentations with stakeholders, etc.)
Oversee procurement of study equipment and materials, including all customs and shipping logistics as needed in coordination with WVG and WVUS.
Facilitate coordination between lab and field including inter-lab comparisons
Educational Level Required
- Educational qualifications in environmental science, hydrogeology, chemistry, biology, and/or public health
- Master’s education in relevant field (preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant field research
- Experience managing large-scale water quality sampling field programs
- Experience collecting water quality samples and coordinating with local laboratories
- Demonstrated working relationships with NGO entities and government entities
- Capable of traveling in-country to facilitate UNC and WV work
- Fluent in English and one or more local languages
- Experience with management of field research (preferred)
- Experience with project management software (preferred)
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in managing large and complex donor-funded projects, including strategic and business planning skills and a good appreciation of financial management.
- Deep understanding of community-based approaches, including clear involvement of children, women and People with Disabilities in the hygiene promotion and others sector that are related to WASH.
- Ability to build trust and relationships, organize people and manage performance of teams.
- Strong public relations, networking and communication, coordination and advocacy skills.
- Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing English. A working knowledge of French is an advantage
- Proficiency in use of a wide range of statistical, Geographical Information Systems, water modeling, engineering and computer software programs for project sign, implementation,
- MEL and information system management
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29th March. 2022