Vice-Chancellor at Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Governing Council of Koforidua Technical University (KTU) announces for the information of interested candidates, vacancies for the positions of Vice-Chancellor, Registrar, Director of Finance and Librarian, and invites applications from qualified and competent persons for the positions which become vacant on 1st October, 2023.
Koforidua Technical University was established by an Act of Parliament, Act 922 (2016) and amended by Act 974 (2018). The vision of the University is to be providers of standard science and technology education, a center of excellence in applied research and a reference point for solutions to community problems; the mission of the University is to provide tertiary level technical education through the development of career-focused skills in collaboration with industry; and the core values of the University are innovation, integrity and impact.
The University currently has a total student population of 8,500 students and a total staff population of 651.
The Position/FUNCTIONS OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR
• The Vice-Chancellor is the academic and administrative head and the chief disciplinary officer of the University.
• The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the University and is responsible to Council for organising and conducting the academic, financial, and administrative business of the University as well as ensuring the efficiency of the University.
• All other functions of the Vice-Chancellor are as prescribed by the Statutes of the University.
Qualification Required & Experience
A candidate seeking appointment as Vice-Chancellor of the University must:
• Be of a Professorial Status
• Be an internationally acclaimed academic and/or distinguished scholar.
• Have proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff.
• Exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organisational skills.
• Be circumspect and above reproach.
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and capacity to manage and control crisis situations.
• Be visionary, business oriented and be able to establish rapport between industry and the University for a common purpose.
• Be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgment.
• Have the capacity to raise funds and other resources for research and development activities of the University.
• Be able to serve a full FOUR-YEAR Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of sixty (60) years.
Terms of Appointment
• The appointment, which is full-time, shall be for FOUR (4) YEARS in the first instance and may be renewed, subject to satisfactory performance, for only another term of four (4) years or part thereof.
• Salary and Conditions of Service attached to the position are very attractive.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates are requested to submit application letter together with the following:
• Six (6) copies of Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees. The applicant should ensure that the referee reports get to the Chairman by 21st August, 2023.
• A Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the University, which should not exceed 1,200 words.
The application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Vice-Chancellor of Koforidua Technical University.”
The marked applications for each of the positions should reach any of the following addresses in both hard and soft copies not later than Monday, 21st August, 2023.
Search Committee for:
Director of Finance
C/o Head, Human Resources
Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
PO Box KF 981
Soft copies must be forwarded to
Closing Date: 21 August, 2023