University Librarian at University of Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: University of Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position University Librarian, to take effect from 1st August 2023.
POSITION: UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
REPORTING TO: Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Student Affairs)
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
Applicants must :
• Be of professorial status or a person qualified to be appointed as such in an academic/research institution;
• Have a higher/research degree in Librarianship/Information Studies and at least 15 years relevant post-qualification experience,
• Have wide practical experience in all aspects of University Library work; and internationally acknowledged scholarship in librarianship;
• Be conversant with ICT and its Library applications
The University Librarian shall:
• Under the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Student Affairs), be responsible for the management of all libraries and related information and communication materials and resources of the University.
• Manage the libraries and related information, communication materials and resources in accordance with rules and regulations approved by the Academic Board.
• Implement or ensure the implementation of decisions of the Library Board approved by the Academic Board.
• Provide professional/administrative leadership for the University of Ghana Library System which comprises the Balme Library and its satellite libraries.
The University Librarian shall hold office for a period of three years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board to the University Council and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to three years.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Registrar, University of Ghana, through [email protected] (Electronic copy only). Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
• A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision. The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at: http://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the University website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Applications should reach the Registrar through [email protected]
Closing Date: 23 December, 2022