Treasury Accountant/ Local Unit Analyst at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Finance employees receive, account for, monitor, and design internal controls to safeguard sacred funds (donated confidentially in obedience to God’s commandments) for the Church’s religious mission under the direction of senior ecclesiastical leaders. This position is an entry level professional accounting position in which the incumbent applies accounting principles in working with specialized accounting records and reports and is responsible for assisting in the day to day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing basic financial reports.ResponsibilitiesSuccess is typically measured by the degree to which accuracy is demonstrated in maintaining assigned ledgers, records, accounts, etc. Schedules and deadlines are expected to be met, and proficiency is demonstrated on required accounting systems.In General, Incumbents In This Position Perform The Following Types Of FunctionsAn Accountant 1 performs accounting functions in a variety of different settings throughout the Church.
- Initiate general ledger file maintenance so that financial statement presentations will be accurate and meaningful.
- Reconcile accounts, review reconciliations, and make sure that all outstanding items are properly cleared.
- Prepare special studies and reports for departments and organizations as required.
- Prepare journal entries and other adjustments to correct errors.
- Analyze budget requests and explain any budgetary changes resulting from increased costs or changes in programs.
- Consolidate accounting information for use in accounting statements and summaries.
- Review expenditures against budget and make necessary reconciliations, investigations, and correcting entries.
- Assist in preparing various financial estimates and expense reports.
- Draft correspondence to appropriate parties regarding any differences that require investigation or further action.
- Review and monitor invoices submitted for payment which exceed certain dollar amounts as defined by policy.
- Audit project accounts for compliance to policy and correspond with appropriate parties regarding the status of these projects.
Required Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or Finance or Business Management).Incumbents must demonstrate a well-grounded knowledge of financial and accounting theory. Preferred:A knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.Human Relations SkillsIncumbents will demonstrate courtesy, tact and effectiveness in dealing with others in everyday working relationships, including contacts with others to request or provide information.Challenges and Complex Situations: Incumbents will apply college-level theoretical knowledge they have acquired as they gain an understanding of Church accounting systems, and policies and procedures.Major Decisions Referred to Others: Any decision outside of well-defined guidelines and policies are referred to the supervisor or to a more senior level accountant. Accountability:Incumbents typically work under close supervision while gaining an understanding of Church accounting systems.Incumbents work within a firm set of guidelines and policies. Incumbents make appropriate decisions using generally accepted accounting principles regarding transactions affecting assigned organizations. Incumbents are responsible for appropriate approval of payments.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th March, 2023