Transport Planner at Guinness
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Guinness
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
To deliver the ambition of becoming the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world, Diageo embarked on an initiative aimed at improving its processes, including how it manages its logistics operations. Diageo’s end-game vision is for control tower visibility and strategic decisions to be made centrally via a Centre of Excellence (COE) whilst the transactional activity will be carried out by a managed service provider all using a single leading technology platform across Africa. This is aimed at; Building and sustaining Standardization in MOVE processes, establish control of Operations through detailed codification, delivering stretch improvement targets for the markets, Disciplined application of the best in class Technology and Processes to exploit the full potential of the region, Creating a central talent pool of expert staff at an optimised cost for the diverse African market to tap skills, create growth opportunities and minimise risks associated with employee turnover and finally, build a competitive position over companies with the best in class Supply chain operations (mostly CPGs) COE’s/Control towers for efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Purpose of Role
This role is to support the management of transport operations in the market providing a service of performing operations, partnering with transport providers and contributing to each market in the region. The outcomes of this role are measured in: Cost Efficiency, Service and Collaborative and value crafting relationships.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
Develop and publish Daily inbound and outbound transport plans using the TMS.
Help manage transport spend to be within budget and delivering operational savings. Bringing in innovative thinking into our transport operations to deliver on cost and service in a safe manner.
Provide expert transport knowledge understanding market dynamics to ensure credibility of logistics
Plan and manage transport operations at KBL to ensure operation efficiencies (TAT, Truck utilisation, route optimisation) and customer service (CFR, OTIFNE and returns).
Develop and implement safety, CARM, SFIPP and all Diageo controls plus government regulations in the transport operations of the market.
Network modelling to help reduce cost and drive efficiency within the operation.
Understanding of the Transportation management system (TMS) and how it operates. Using this system to optimise our transport operation to drive cost and efficiency.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Proven experience working in transport role with road freight in a manufacturing company working across multiple sites in different countries
- Knowledge and experience of sea freight.
- Demonstrable ability to engage and align stakeholders behind plans and win support for implementing change with transport suppliers
- BSc or MSc in a supply chain related subject
- Demonstrable knowledge of end to end supply chain and customer collaboration
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written combined with the ability to engage effectively at all levels in the organisation
- An understanding of how leading technology can enable effective logistics operations
- Knowledge of TMS, GPS tracking and e-POD systems and experience of implementation of the same
- Numerate and ability to apply KPI’s to drive performance management at all levels with transport suppliers
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th June, 2023