Transport Officer at Reputable Company
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
A reputable company has intentions to recruit a transport officer who has a background in auto mechanics. This recruitment will offer the prospective applicant the opportunity to be part of a company which is highly committed to the professional and personal development of its workers as you will interphase with a team of dynamic people.
• Coordination of the transportation of cargo from one point to another.
• Assigning of drivers to transport cargo to specific location following a prescribed schedule.
• Establishing of a standard communication procedure for transport information dissemination.
• Collaborating with other team members in different departments
• Implementation of a continuous maintenance schedule for vehicles
• Procurement of spare parts for vehicles where applicable.
Management of Vehicles
• Designing of maintenance schedule for all operational vehicles
• Inspection of driver’s license and log book periodically
• Planning of routine servicing/ repair works on vehicles.
• Keeping of proper records of all transport related activities
• Designing and Monitoring of fuel usage system
• Keeping of records on vehicles roadworthy and insurance documents and ensure continues renewal on expiration.
• Keeping of records of license of drivers.
• Keeping records and reporting on any transport related accident.
• Ensure compliance with statutory transport regulation
• Adhering to and implementation of renewal of transport related permits and licenses
• Reporting on any irregularity by drivers on fuel purchase, usage among others.
• Designing transport system safety practices and training drivers periodically on it
• Investigating and reporting on safety related issue involving the company vehicles.
• Periodic training of drivers on road traffic regulation
• Periodic training on defensive driving
• Monitoring and enforcing the use of Personal Protective Equipment by drivers in their line of duty.
Planning of Route
• Planning of transportation routes and monitoring driver’s adherence to it to ensure efficiency and timely pick up and delivery of cargo.
• Periodic assessment of driver’s operations to identify the strength and weakness of drivers to guide in decision making.
• Strategizing and planning on ways to reduce cost without compromising safety and efficiency.
• Establishing of an effective communication system between drivers and other department to ensure consistency and efficiency with the transport department.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must possess a minimum of H.N.D in transport management/ logistics with a background in auto mechanics, or a related field.
• Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suit is required.
• Must be proficient in English Language.
• Good knowledge in road traffic regulations
• A minimum of two (2)years’ experience
• Knowledge of safety regulations and practices in transport management system.
• Must have strong analytical skill.
• Ability to multitask.
• Affiliation to a professional transport organization/ institution will be an added advantage.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision
• Reliable and trustworthy person
• Result oriented
• Pays attention to detail.
• The successful applicant’s salary is attractive as it commensurate with the position.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to the email address below: [email protected]
Closing Date: 23 February, 2024