Training and Capacity Building Specialist, USAID West Africa PELA II at Panagora Group
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Panagora Group
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
As a prime contractor under USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract, Panagora Group seeks an experienced Training and Capacity Building Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adaptation II (PELA II) Activity. This activity is designed to enhance USAID’s effectiveness in preventing and countering violent extremism, peacebuilding, and strengthening democracy, human rights, and good governance by strengthening the Mission’s implementation of programs; coordination of its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism in the West Africa region.
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
The Training and Capacity Building Specialist will oversee the Activity’s overall training strategy and lead the design and oversight of trainings, workshops, learning events, and other capacity building efforts in line with the Activity’s Learning Agenda. This is a long-term position based in Accra, Ghana.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead the design and oversight of trainings, workshops, learning events, and other capacity building efforts in line with the Activity’s overall Learning Agenda.
- Conduct interviews with project stakeholders, develop agendas, curate session content, facilitate sessions, and capture learning outcomes and recommendations
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor regional learning events among implementing partners, USAID, USG agencies, and other targeted stakeholders, including P/CVE practitioners’ workshops
- Conduct annual pause and reflect workshops over the lifetime of the award for implementing partner staff and USAID
- Design and implement complexity-aware monitoring trainings, conflict sensitivity trainings
- Plan and facilitate learning events for USAID, implementing partners, and other stakeholders to discuss findings from monitoring and evaluation activities and to identify opportunities for adaptive management
- Report on indicators relevant to capacity building and CLA objectives
- Prepare capacity assessment reports, periodic activity reports, capacity building plans, presentations, and other deliverables as necessary
- Advanced degree in organizational learning, development administration, knowledge management, political science, international relations, or other fields closely related to international development
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in capacity building, learning design and implementation, and CLA in a developing country context, preferably with USAID projects focused on countering violent extremism and promoting peace and stability
- Experience working on monitoring and evaluation activities highly preferred
- Demonstrated presentation, facilitation, and training skills, both online and in person that can influence decision makers, foster organizational change strategies, with implementation occurring within a complex organizational setting
- Direct experience training USG and USAID audiences highly desired
- Demonstrated ability and track record in strategic, systems and holistic thinking, managing resistance to change and understanding of organizational culture, learning and change management
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience
- Experience with USAID/West Africa regional mission is preferred
- Local nationals and those with extensive work experience in West Africa, including Niger, Chad, Cameroon, and Burkina Faso are strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English and in French
To Apply: Please fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th July. 2022