Theatre Nurse at Sweden Ghana Medical Centre
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Sweden Ghana Medical Centre
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Sweden Ghana Medical Centre is the first and leading private cancer care center of excellence in West Africa.As part of the vision of our new shareholders, SGMC is pursuing an expansion drive into other areas of treatment to serve the health needs of our cherished clients. Due to this SGMC seeks to employ to fill the following upcoming positions:
Our Brand Promise
SGMC has a bold vision: we want to be the leading innovator in our field, with skilled employees who are motivated to deliver the best patient outcomes for our clients. We want to contribute to patient treatment and research as we strive to give them the most effective therapies. Ultimately, we want to build a healthy company with a business model that works in Africa, and with best practices that help us grow our prominent role in specialist health facility in West Africa.
As an employee of SGMC, you will be expected to act according our vision as a Center of Excellence and contribute to a professional and pleasant atmosphere both between colleagues and in patient relations. Moreover, you will be required to work in accordance with the codes and relevant guidelines of your professional licensing body.
Reports to: HEAD OF CLINIC:
Theatre nursing personnel will be responsible for providing exceptional care to the patient who visit for pre-operative&surgical procedures. They are accountable in an oversight capacity for the effective delivery of competent, compassionate, and efficient care for the patient undergoing anesthesia, surgery and/or procedures, and Phase 1 Recovery according to Ghana’s regulatory nursing standards.
As a Theatre Nurse, you will be required to undertake the following: –
• Work independently and in partnership with our doctors/surgeons to facilitate patient care and management in before and aftersurgical procedures:
o Assess, plan, implement and evaluate required patient care under the guidance of the surgical team.
o Promote a work environment that demonstrates caring by accessibility of safe equipment and adequate supplies in an efficiently arranged physical setting.
o Prepare patients for, and assist with, surgeries and treatments.
o Prepare operating rooms, sterilize instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stocks of supplies are maintained.
• Maintain effective relationships between the multi-disciplinary team in the clinic
• Communicate effectively with patients/relatives, ensuring all clinical needs are met in a courteous, helpful and compassionate way.
• Ensure patient safety at all times. Safeguard against errors by following protocols and procedures, with the knowledge that complex regimens of potentially lethal drugs are being employed in a variety of treatment settings. Bring to attention of management areas where these can be improved.
• Identifies appropriate communication, and coordination to ensure smooth processes within the operating rooms.
Qualification Required & Experience
• An advanced degree/Diploma in Critical and Peri-Operative Nursing.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience
• Registered with the Nursing& Midwifery Council.
• The ability to keep updated on the latest medical technologies.
• The flexibility to work irregular hours and remain on emergency call.
• Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in the oncology field
• Good teamworking, leadership, and organizational skills.
Remuneration: Above-market average
Contract Type: Permanent and Locum Basis
Hours: Mondays-Fridays 8:00am-5:00pm (Occasional Weekend/extra working hours may be required)
How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants, should please email their CVs and applications to:
Closing Date: 19 November, 2021