Technology Project Specialist at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Are you able to manage technology projects that impact one region and/or site to provide requested deliverables on schedule, on budget and within agreed scope using standard project management methodologies, under the guidance of the Senior Technology Project Specialist or Technology Portfolio Manager?
In This Role You Will:
Technology Project Management
- Be responsible for effective management and implementation of regional technology projects and initiatives with an average size ($500K or less) and complexity of one regional site, or potentially two small and very low complexity projects ($100K or less per project), one impacted system or technology, and one functional stakeholder group.
- Communicate effectively with the various Technology and Business areas to identify requirements and deliver on those requirements where already documented.
- Participate in the Newmont project/initiative vetting and approval process.
- Coordinate and liaise with project teams through the design, documentation, testing and implementation of technology solutions (e.g. software, infrastructure, data, reporting, etc.) to achieve the business objectives.
- Prepare and present project schedules, required project management documentation, status reports, and cost/ benefits analysis for project stakeholders.
- Provide oversight on project personnel assignment.
- Facilitate the reporting and tracking of the project’s financial performance, including, but not limited to, budget to actual variance reporting.
- Contribute to required organizational change management for technology initiatives and projects.
- Ensure effective and timely stakeholder and project team communications occur throughout project and initiative lifecycle.
- Provide guidance over project scope, schedule management, risk/issue management, cost management and risk management.
- Make input to team schedule to ensure appropriate project resource allocation and availability.
- Work with other team members, contractors and suppliers, in outsourcing and partnership arrangements, to achieve overall project implementation and support needs.
- Manage business partners and third-party project resource schedules, activities, and billing.
- Liaise with any site-based project teams to coordinate the technology aspects of work.
Safety and Regulatory/Policy Compliance
- Comply with Newmont project management standards and participate in Global Project Management Office processes, etc.
- Ensure project compliance with Newmont technology change management practices.
- Contribute to improvements in operation procedures and methods.
- Attend safety meetings, staff meetings and safety inspections.
- Become familiar with and adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety Security and Environment Standards for self and team.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related field.
- Project Management certification is preferred.
- Flexible hours as required to accommodate global meetings/ project requirements.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ in work related to his/her career and participation as a project manager, business analyst in continuous improvement projects, process improvement, software, technology infrastructure or general technology.
- Sound knowledge of project management methodologies, financial planning, purchasing, and vendor management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical constituents.
- Proven ability to achieve results through others.
- Deadline driven.
- Detail oriented.
- Goal oriented.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Safety conscious.
- Position is located at Accra.
- Position may require travel to other domestic and international sites.
- Flexible hours as required to accommodate global meetings/ project requirements
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27 August. 2021