Technical Trainer- Underground Equipment at Sandvik
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Sandvik
- Location: Ghana
- State: Kumasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading, and hauling and materials handling.
The Technical Trainer- Underground Equipment assists customers in driving cost efficiencies and capital profit through good leadership, strong customer relations and best practice in Safety, Health and Environment effectiveness. As a part of the Technical team, this position will assist in presenting training to internal and external customers.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Provide OEM Technical Support to customers through the establishment of effective management systems
- Manage effective cost budget through initiating cost reduction measures whilst maintaining quality and environmentally safe and healthy practices.
- Take personal responsibility for Environment, Health & Safety, and duty of care.
- Manage all customer and stakeholder relationship with respect to underground equipment operations.
- Ensure continuous improvement initiatives to promote Sandvik’s business image and related product and service offering.
- Ensure the personal and career development of subordinates.
- Ensure compliance with all Sandvik Policies & Procedures.
- Develop appropriate training, learning and development programs to ensure that the identified business needs are met.
- Maintain training facilities when established and manage curriculum and operational staff, trainers in accordance with Sandvik standard
- Develop annual training plans in accordance with the business strategy
- Develop and provide a framework procedures, support and guidance for accurate evaluation of training effectiveness.
- Identify, engage and manage third party training providers
- Ensure post training report is prepared and shared with all stakeholders promptly.
- Degree Qualified Engineer or good trade background with relevant equipment technical and managerial experience.
- Trainer assessor course role or five (5) years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in maintaining underground and surface products
- Extensive mechanical/electrical engineering knowledge
- Strong business sense and EHS focus.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and people management skills are essential.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and other MS office applications.
- Proficiency in Maintenance Management practices
- Willingness to travel and work in remote locations for extended period of times is essential.
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary and provide guidance to members of the team.
- Ability to communicate in French will be an added advantage
- Possess required MINCOM certification
- Possess relevant Ghanaian driver’s license
Technical & Training Manager
For immediate consideration, please apply to the Technical Trainer- Underground Equipment position on or before 15th June 2023 on the Sandvik intranet, Job ID: R0052139
We thank you for your application. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th June, 2023