Technical Coordinator x2 at Ghana AIDS Commission
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Ghana AIDS Commission
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Ghana AIDS Commission has vacancy for the under listed position and invites applications from persons with the requisite qualifications to apply for consideration: Technical Coordinator (2)
Objective of Position
• To perform activities involved in the planning and co-ordination of the technical services of the Commission under the direction and supervision of the Director of Technical Services and in partnership with the Regional AIDS Committee
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and coordinate of National HIV response with respect to decentraised activities at the Regional level.
• Assist in the planning and supervision of sub-project processes relating to HIV & AIDS
• Undertake activities relating to provision of technical services to people infected and affected by HIV and AIDS.
• Coordinate regional activities in the promotion of behaviour change and dissemination of information via IEC/BCC materials.
• Document Technical Assistance and Technical Support needs at the regional and district levels.
• Coordinate capacity building and training for key implementers (MMDAs, private sector, civil society, traditional structures and community leaders etc.) at the decentralised level
• Organise coordination meetings involving key actors at the regional level and facilitate same at the district level in partnership with the District AIDS Committees
• Lead district and regional level planning, including operational planning in line with the National HIV and AIDS Strategic Plan
• Track all releases of the District Common Fund for HIV activities and report to the Region for action.
• Facilitate resource mobilisation at the regional and district levels for the local HIV response from the private sector, individuals and donor partners.
• Support all regional and district level surveillance, operational research and surveys to generate strategic information both from the general population and most at risk populations as well as dissemination of strategic information
• Assist in preparation of quarterly technical reports from the region and its designated districts.
• Assist in preparation of the HIV Country Response information Systems on a quarterly basis by all implementing partners.
• Undertake any other activities as directed by the Director of Technical Services
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have an advanced degree in Social or Medical Sciences (MSc, MPH, etc) with requisite experience or knowledge of the epidemiology of HIV/AIDS, its prevention, treatment, clinical and/or community level management.
• Must have experience in Project Management.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years post-qualification working experience in the Public, Private or NGO sector.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications together with detailed CVs and copies of certificates are to be submitted to the address below within fourteen days from the date of first publication.
Ghana AIDS Commission
4th Floor, Liberation Tower
Adjacent Ridge Hospital
Closing Date: 20 May, 2022