Technical Assistance M&E Advisor at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
- Job-ID: V000047595
- Location: Accra
- Assignment period: 09/01/2022 – 08/31/2024
- Field: Economic Development
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 07/01/2022
The African Union (AU), established as a unique Pan African continental body, was charged with the responsibility to coordinate and provide overall guidance for the negotiations on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA). The AfCFTA entered into force on May 30, 2019 and implementation has started in January 2021.
Under a new Technical Assistance Facility (TAF), the EU, the Government of Sweden, the Government of Germany, and the government of France through GIZ, Expertise France (EF) and FIAPP (as implementing partners) support the AfCFTA negotiation process through technical support to the relevant AU organs. The TAF is meant to be an efficient, reactive and flexible mechanism to answer to the needs of the African Union (AfCFTA Secretariat, AUC and some AU Specialized agencies), RECs, AU Member States and other potential continental partners and regional private sector organisations, working on fostering the AfCFTA and economic continental integration.
The implementing partners (IP) of the TAF are GIZ as the lead, EF and FIAPP. For the operationalization of the TAF, a project management unit (PMU) is to be established and will be based in Accra, Ghana. On the side of GIZ, the PMU will collaborate closely with the project “Support of the African Continental Free Trade Area” (AfCFTA), which works with the AfCFTA Secretariat of the African Union (AU) and a number of African actors to support ongoing negotiations and implementation activities.
Candidates with AU member states citizenship are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information see GIZ African Union.
- Setting up of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system for a multi partner team and in close cooperation with the German AfCFTA Support Programme
- Drafting of Terms of References and involve short-term experts where appropriate in close coordination with other implementing partners such as Expertise France (EF) and Fundación Internacional y para Iberoamérica de Administración y Políticas Públicas (FIAPP)
- Coherent implementation, cooperation and networking with regional and national trade projects and fields of action on the continent
- Support of information, communication, public relations and high-format event management
- Observation of trade policy trends, analysis and evaluation of current developments in the trade sector, especially for AfCFTA
- Close cooperation and coordination with the Head of Partnerships at the AfCFTA Secretariat, the Head of the AfCFTA Support Programme and the continental AfCFTA team
- Master´s degree in International Studies, International Trade Law/Development, Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration or other relevant post graduate Degree
- Several years of working experience in Africa
- Familiarity with and experience in African Union policy frameworks, institutions and processes relevant to the trade and industry agenda; experience in other African regional organisations is an asset
- Experience in M&E and international trade policy, including a sound understanding of Trade Agreements
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills and capacity to work under pressure
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Ghana.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
At the site of operation, the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
This position is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
We are happy to help accompanying partners discuss questions about benefits, residence permits and how to find your own job locally – feel free to get in touch with us during your application phase at [email protected]
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment – in particular also regarding COVID-19.
The willingness to work reciprocally abroad and in Germany is required.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Everyone has the same opportunities in our company, regardless of gender, nationality, religion, sexual orientation or physical disability. We recruit based on specialist expertise and social skills. Transparency and fair opportunities for career advancement are just as much a matter of course for us as gender not being a barrier to taking up a management position.
- Your work will begin with an onboarding and preparation phase that will give you initial insights into GIZ and lay the groundwork for your upcoming assignment, establishing new contacts and building up your network.
- We provide opportunities for taking part in training and professional development to all our staff. Our Academy for International Cooperation (AIZ) will help you develop your skills.
- Ensuring the compatibility of career, family work and care commitments is part of our corporate policy. Flexible working hours and comprehensive preparation packages for families accompanying staff abroad are two examples of the opportunities that GIZ offers its employees. Our family-friendly philosophy also includes providing support for family members in need of care.
- Flexi-time and the possibility for mobile working gives staff maximum flexibility.
- We offer you various part-time working models to give you flexibility in planning your working and home lives.
- We allow our staff to accrue working time credits in a long-term working time account. This credit can then be used to take a lengthy leave of absence.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- We reward staff who achieve their agreed annual targets with a variable remuneration component.
- You will receive various additional benefits during your stay abroad that will depend on your country of assignment.
- We have put together an extensive package of benefits for family members accompanying staff abroad, including medical check-ups, language lessons and lump-sum allowances for the outward and homeward journeys. The Academy for International Cooperation (AIZ) also offers a range of preparatory courses on local culture, history and customs and on travelling with children.
- During your assignment abroad, we will largely reimburse you for the school fees incurred for sending your children to schools providing a general education.
- In many places, you will receive a subsidy towards the rent on your place of residence. If you have not yet found suitable accommodation at the time of your outward journey, you will receive a subsidy to put towards your hotel costs.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 19th June. 2022