Technical Advisor (Sustainable Cocoa Initiative Program ) at GIZ Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: GIZ Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: GIZ Jobs in Ghana - IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• The program is supporting the EU in implementing the Sustainable Cocoa Initiative. The objective of sustainable cocoa production shall be reached through measures on living income, reduction of child labor, reduction of deforestation, and the support for reaching compliance with the EU
regulations on the respective issues.
Scope of the Role
• The Technical Advisor is responsible for technical inputs and follow-up on all aspects of the Cocoa Supply Chain.
• He will be dedicated to improving all aspects of the cocoa supply chain which strengthen traceability, eliminate child labor and environmental abuses, help all actors to comply with new diligence regulation from EU and German side.
• The advisor will seek for cooperation with state actors, donors, NGOs, and the private sector.
• She/he will contribute to monitoring and evaluation, report writing, guidance for consultants, PR, and any cross-cutting issues needed. Only dedicated team workers, please
• Assist and monitor the development and implementation of programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts.
• Contribute to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint programme activities and work at the regional level.
• Responsible for the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme’s area of activity.
• Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organizations, private sector, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
• Prepare reports and presentation documents, including monitoring & evaluation, success stories and best practice examples.
• Prepare appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports and contributes to the other reports required by the HoU, the programme manager and GIZ Head Office.
• Coordinate relevant project activities/interventions at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners regarding implementation and organizational aspects.
• Handle other task on behalf of GIZ.
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to BA or MBA)
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
• Professional experience in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative, team player and ability to perform task without supervision.
• Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of German is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset.
• Strong managerial, organisational, and social competence
• Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Method of ApplicationInterested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
under the Job Code 2022/SCIP/01/01. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 26 January, 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.